• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

They should really get rid of the current turnaround times page on the website. Especially if they're going to continue to do the in-house signings that take priority over other submissions. 

I've watched the "working days" amount come and go without my books moving out of received. 

At least update the times to reflect the growing workload. 

Edited by dshre00
Add'l thoughts.

1 hour ago, dshre00 said:

They should really get rid of the current turnaround times page on the website. Especially if they're going to continue to do the in-house signings that take priority over other submissions. 

I've watched the "working days" amount come and go without my books moving out of received. 

Maybe try calling as I've had my books slip through the cracks before lol

But it is definitely a waiting game, hope it is easier for you..... :)

1 hour ago, dshre00 said:

Noticed it was updated to 32 days for modern slow track.

My 20 Moderns received 6/25 went to SFG on 7/29, then G/QC on the 31st. And 8/4, F/I/S!

12/20 books are 9.8s, and a couple others got the 9.6s I suspected they deserved. Also, I can't really complain about a 9.4 when that still makes the book the top of the census. On the other hand, it looks like the labeling problem on two books didn't get fixed, so I'll be dealing with that later, but in general, really happy with this submission.

23 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

My 20 Moderns received 6/25 went to SFG on 7/29, then G/QC on the 31st. And 8/4, F/I/S!

12/20 books are 9.8s, and a couple others got the 9.6s I suspected they deserved. Also, I can't really complain about a 9.4 when that still makes the book the top of the census. On the other hand, it looks like the labeling problem on two books didn't get fixed, so I'll be dealing with that later, but in general, really happy with this submission.

60-70% is usually the best I can do with respect to 9.8 books. Slight corner bends seem to be allowed for pre 1990 books, but even one one mini spine stress will typically knock the book down to 9.6. 

1 minute ago, Jordan Morris said:

Update on my one Ultimate Fallout 4 I sent in.

Received at grading facility 7/17

Scheduled for Grading 8/4

Wondering what I can expect next as this is my first book I’ve ever sent in. Thanks for the replies would love your thoughts. 

Economy Fast Track by the way

1 minute ago, Jordan Morris said:
3 minutes ago, Jordan Morris said:

Update on my one Ultimate Fallout 4 I sent in.

Received at grading facility 7/17

Scheduled for Grading 8/4

Wondering what I can expect next as this is my first book I’ve ever sent in. Thanks for the replies would love your thoughts. 

Economy Fast Track by the way

By my experience, now that its sfg, it should definitely move quicker. I assume you submitted yourself rather than through a LCS since you can track it, and you'll be able to view grades after finalized shipped....

It'll go from sfg to grading quality control, then finalized shipped......

Hope that helps, you dont "have" to view grades until it shows up at your door lol

Sometimes that's fun Haha, it'll give you tracking by clicking on the finalized shipped part of status of books tracking. If you want the grade, when it gets to "f/s", then click on the submission number. Hope you get some grades notes if it's not gem mint

And best wishes, let us know how it goes!

:tink:

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

By my experience, now that its sfg, it should definitely move quicker. I assume you submitted yourself rather than through a LCS since you can track it, and you'll be able to view grades after finalized shipped....

It'll go from sfg to grading quality control, then finalized shipped......

Hope that helps, you dont "have" to view grades until it shows up at your door lol

Sometimes that's fun Haha, it'll give you tracking by clicking on the finalized shipped part of status of books tracking. If you want the grade, when it gets to "f/s", then click on the submission number. Hope you get some grades notes if it's not gem mint

And best wishes, let us know how it goes!

:tink:

Awesome thanks for the reply. How many days can I expect it to take to get to finalized shipping. And oh man it’s going to be so hard to not look at the grade until I get it lol  I do live in Florida so the shipping shouldn’t take too long

7 minutes ago, Jordan Morris said:

Awesome thanks for the reply. How many days can I expect it to take to get to finalized shipping. And oh man it’s going to be so hard to not look at the grade until I get it lol  I do live in Florida so the shipping shouldn’t take too long

I can't promise anything really, but I would guess that at the very longest, end of next week for the grade. It might move faster, but according to this thread they're still slowing down. Generally the wheels are in motion, as compared to before when they were at a stand still doh! just saying no "promises", end of next week would be my guess or before for the grade not delivered

Glad your in florida in shipping though, if I use UPS to me in dallas texas, it's usually almost always delivered the following Monday lol

That can make for a long week and weekend ha!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I can't promise anything really, but I would guess that at the very longest, end of next week for the grade. It might move faster, but according to this thread they're still slowing down. Generally the wheels are in motion, as compared to before when they were at a stand still doh! just saying no "promises", end of next week would be my guess or before for the grade not delivered

Glad your in florida in shipping though, if I use UPS to me in dallas texas, it's usually almost always delivered the following Monday lol

That can make for a long week and weekend ha!

Lol yeah it’s all good. As long as it gets to me I’ll be happy. Thanks

2 hours ago, Jordan Morris said:

I'm going to try not to view my grades also...not too sure I'm going to make it though