• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,976 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Kon_Jelly said:

I've got a submission that was delivered on 8/13 and just showed up as received today. It is a fast track and the box was marked as such.

My Economy Fast track box was delivered on 8/10 and showed up into their system as Received last night around 5:30CST. I should have marked the box fast track. Either way, I don't like that the clock doesn't officially start until its in their Received status, I lost 5 business days on a 13 day turnaround. Oh well. It won't kill me to work on my patience. 

1st Package

12 Moderns - Grading (slow track)

10 Moderns - Pressing (slow track)

Delivered - 7/18

Picked-Up - 7/20

Received - 7/28

2nd Package

15 Moderns - Grading (slow track)

15 Moderns - Pressing (quick press)

Delivered: 8/13

Received: 8/18 (took only 3-4 business days this time)

Modern Slow Track - 25 Books:

In CGC's hands: Mon 7/13

Received: Mon 7/20

CC charged: Tue 7/21

Scheduled for Grading: Wed 8/19

Grading/QC: Fri 8/21

_____

Modern Fast Track - 4 Books. Boxed marked with "MFT":

In CGC's hands Mon 8/17

Received: Tue 8/18

CC charged: Wed 8/18

Scheduled for Grading: Wed 8/19

Which one will ship first?

Edited by Rhymenoceros

18 hours ago, unmovedmover said:

26 Moderns Slow Boat - Recieved 7/2...

Still waiting for CCS I assume:-/

I have a value and modern tier shipment in CCS right now that were both received on 6/25.

I called today and they told me they should both move to grading in 2-3 weeks and then ship 2-3 weeks after that. Based on that they should ship late September so I would guess that yours would ship early October.

0b253927b0f9e25f1a6cef9db85cdc51.gif

A 50 comic book submission, two boxes, was delivered to CGC on August 18 via USPS Priority Mail; took only two weekdays to reach CGC. My submission is Modern Slow Track.

3 hours ago, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

A 50 comic book submission, two boxes, was delivered to CGC on August 18 via USPS Priority Mail; took only two weekdays to reach CGC. My submission is Modern Slow Track.

Are 2 boxes a requirement for a 50 book submission? I called once and asked if I could split my 25 book sub into 2 boxes and was told no.

9 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Are 2 boxes a requirement for a 50 book submission? I called once and asked if I could split my 25 book sub into 2 boxes and was told no.

It’s exponentially harder for CGC to get your whole order unpacked when there are separate boxes for 1 invoice.

Short story, if you want your order to show received sooner than later, 1 box is the way to go.

8 hours ago, PickleRick1216 said:

I have a value and modern tier shipment in CCS right now that were both received on 6/25.

I called today and they told me they should both move to grading in 2-3 weeks and then ship 2-3 weeks after that. Based on that they should ship late September so I would guess that yours would ship early October.

0b253927b0f9e25f1a6cef9db85cdc51.gif

I appreciate this, but I do not like the Information it contains.  

9 hours ago, Justin Jordan said:

It’s exponentially harder for CGC to get your whole order unpacked when there are separate boxes for 1 invoice.

Short story, if you want your order to show received sooner than later, 1 box is the way to go.

I did not have a box that the 50 comic books fit in.

Edit: I failed to note that the boxes are clearly labeled Box 1 of 2 and Box 2 of 2 on the outside, of course, as well as inside. Further, each box contains a notation explaining which number box it is and box 2 notes that the Packing Slip and supporting documentation are in box 1.

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe
Further information.

14 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

So can anyone confirm the TATs for CCS service? When you click the link on their page you get this.

Screenshot_20200819-174826_Chrome.jpg

I usually go to the CGC Services page, which also has info on CCS TAT's

image.thumb.png.b9ef55e83c83a59877c2a66044d518a6.png

I've felt like telling others to do the same, I mean might as well, if your paying for the tier and it cost nothing extra then apply for full insurance.....

I was curious about that as well, but everyone "seemingly" has their way of doing things 2c