• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

1st Package

12 Moderns - Grading (slow track)

10 Moderns - Pressing (slow track)

Delivered - 7/18

Picked-Up - 7/20

Received - 7/28

2nd Package

15 Moderns - Grading (slow track)

15 Moderns - Pressing (quick press)

Delivered: 8/13

Received: 8/18

3rd Package

2 Walkthru (Screen, Press, Grade)

Delivered: 8/20

Received: 8/20 (package labeled "Walkthru Service")

18 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've felt like telling others to do the same, I mean might as well, if your paying for the tier and it cost nothing extra then apply for full insurance.....

I was curious about that as well, but everyone "seemingly" has their way of doing things 2c

I can understand why some US clients may be wary as they normally get it sent back via USPS registered so it may cost more if it's insured for more but it you're using other return methods, why not?

Just now, greggy said:

I can understand why some US clients may be wary as they normally get it sent back via USPS registered so it may cost more if it's insured for more but it you're using other return methods, why not?

I appreciate the info on registered mail, I would not have guessed that :), so good to know!

3 hours ago, greggy said:

Hey dumbarse.....yes, I always declare the full amount cuz that's what it will be insured for at CGC.

masking is a violation - i don't want you to get banned again :baiting:

5 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Every book you submit has a $200 value? 

I definitely agree with insuring to the top of the tier. You never truly know when you may finally get that 9.9 or 10 . They will not bump up your insurance if it grades higher than you expected. Only you can assign the value unless they decide you sent it in under the wrong tier, but if you make the mistake of under insuring and there is an issue they will only pay the lesser of your insured value or FMV determination . 

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

Update: CGC is Working on Saturdays now!?!?

Modern Slow Track - 25 Books:

In CGC's hands: Mon 7/13

Received: Mon 7/20

CC charged: Tue 7/21

Scheduled for Grading: Wed 8/19

Grading/QC: Fri 8/21

Finalized: Sat 8/22, To be Shipped Mon 8/24

_____

Modern Fast Track - 4 Books. Boxed marked with "MFT":

In CGC's hands Mon 8/17

Received: Tue 8/18

CC charged: Wed 8/18

Scheduled for Grading: Wed 8/19

Edited by Rhymenoceros

Question for those who have submitted books via the Walkthru service to be screened and pressed by CCS. How long does this process usually take? CGC grades the book the same day received, and the current turnaround time for CCS pressing is 10 business days, which makes sense. However, as far as screening is concerned, the CCS page notes that the current turnaround time is Tier + 15 days. This seems like a long time to wait for Walkthru service.

On 8/18/2020 at 8:41 AM, pastandpresentcomics said:

25 Modern
7/18 Received

8/18 SFG

8/20 G/QC

8/22 LISTED AS SHIPPED ON 8/24

7 Standard
8/7 Available for Pickup

8/11 Received 

8/14 SFG

08/17 Grading/Quality Control

8/18 SHIPPED

8/20 LISTED BY FEDEX AS OUT FOR DELIVERY. STILL NOT RECEIVED. DATE CHANGED TO FRIDAY AND THEN CHANGED AGAIN TO TODAY. WE SHALL SEE. 

On 8/19/2020 at 3:01 PM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

A 50 comic book submission, two boxes, was delivered to CGC on August 18 via USPS Priority Mail; took only two weekdays to reach CGC. My submission is Modern Slow Track.

8/24/20: "Received."