• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,953 posts in this topic

1 Modern Fast Tracked  -

Shipped USPS - 8/12 (sat in a USPS hub for a week with no movement - so much for 3 day priority)

Delivered to CGC - 8/24

Received by CGC - 8/24 (I think this is a record????)

SFG (and clickable) - 8/31

Grading/QC - 9/1

Shipped/Imaged - 9/3

TAT when it was received was 16 business days, actual TAT from date it was received in the system was 8 business days.  With shipping it will still be at 11 business days.  So 5 business days faster than expected at this point, expecting it back next Wednesday and my estimate when it was received was it not shipping until at least 9/16.  Now if you take into account the USPS snafu, it will be pretty much exactly 16 business days.

On 9/2/2020 at 7:33 PM, djpinkpanther67 said:

AA6339E1-C27A-4778-A641-4E84AE88BE9B.png

Wow, your submission is almost identical to mine! I also have a submission with 9 items, $890 declared value, but date received is 8/31 and modern service (not fast track). This is my first ever submission and I'm incredibly eager to receive them back. I collected as a young teen in the early 80's and only recently got back into collecting within the past 1-2 years. I'll be slabbing many more of my older issues in the near future! What a fantastic service CGC offers here!

On 9/5/2020 at 11:54 PM, Rick Rizun said:

Wow, your submission is almost identical to mine! I also have a submission with 9 items, $890 declared value, but date received is 8/31 and modern service (not fast track). This is my first ever submission and I'm incredibly eager to receive them back. I collected as a young teen in the early 80's and only recently got back into collecting within the past 1-2 years. I'll be slabbing many more of my older issues in the near future! What a fantastic service CGC offers here!

Welcome to the Boards!

:hi:

Would someone mind refreshing my memory, regarding CCS pressing services... Do we receive payment notifications at the beginning or end of CCS having our books?  Does the payment email signify the wait time has started or ended?

9 hours ago, Droid81 said:

Would someone mind refreshing my memory, regarding CCS pressing services... Do we receive payment notifications at the beginning or end of CCS having our books?  Does the payment email signify the wait time has started or ended?

From my experience, credit card payments are usually applied halfway or 2/3 of the way through the pressing process. There are times when the turnaround time is 60 business days, but then I get my hopes up because my credit card was charged 35-40 days into the process. Unfortunately, it doesn't mean your books are about to be pressed.

1 hour ago, skybolt said:

From my experience, credit card payments are usually applied halfway or 2/3 of the way through the pressing process. There are times when the turnaround time is 60 business days, but then I get my hopes up because my credit card was charged 35-40 days into the process. Unfortunately, it doesn't mean your books are about to be pressed.

Thanks!  I will try my best not to let the anticipation get to me.  I've always been happy with the outcome, so I need to learn to be more patient and let them do their thing.