• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, BigD702 said:

Yes it was. Then today it was marked "sent for grading", and in the last hour it was marked as "Grading/QC". Still no charge. Atleast it is moving along. :bigsmile:

Mine is still sitting at scheduled for grading I sent them in not expecting to have them back in my hands until the end of this month if I did the time frame right for the TAT

25 PRESCREEN - MODERN

Received: 7/23
Finalized / Imaged / Shipped: 9/4

2 MODERN / PRESSED

Received: 8/4

No update since

10 MODERN

Received: 9/10

No Update Since

15 MODERN

Received 9/14

No Update Since...

p.s. checking the status on desktop does not work for me anymore..I have to use mobile.

Just now, djpinkpanther67 said:

Anyone else’s submission status disappear?

I’m getting a statement that I haven’t subbed anything in the past 8 months.

(shrug)

I get that to last time that happened to me was when it changed from received to scheduled for grading.  So hopefully they are moving again and it won't be still in the same spot or they are doing maintenance on the system.

10 minutes ago, djpinkpanther67 said:

Anyone else’s submission status disappear?

I’m getting a statement that I haven’t subbed anything in the past 8 months.

(shrug)

Yup, same thing just happened to me. I've had this happen to me before without any submission status changes. 

Edited by skybolt

10 minutes ago, skybolt said:

Yup, same thing just happened to me. I've had this happen to me before without any submission status changes. 

Prob just a system update or quick maintenance. 

I got weak knees and sent in 6 more silver age books I will probably lose my shirt on. 45 bucks to ship FedEx and took almost 4 weeks. Seems excessive. Anyway CCS got them and charged me 3 days after receiving. I submitted standard and website says 15 business days. Is the pressing really done or are they charging up front now?

On 9/12/2012 at 8:47 AM, MODOK said:

Then again, as a de facto monopoly, CGC may not care. They have more than enough business sustaining them despite the explosive growth of demand for their grading services.

Exactly!  As long as people keep sending in books, and collectors continue to ignore or devalue the 'competition', then why would they bother changing anything?

Sounds like they have a GREAT business going, and weren't they just hiring more staff to assist with receiving and storing the large volume of shipments?  And also hiring more accounting type employees for handling the invoicing to give their existing small group of expert appraisers time to properly inspect everything?  Just curious, but  Is CGC  private or can I buy stock? :)

And how do they go about hiring more graders anyway?  How does someone become a professional grader?  Do you need to first become well known and respected by grading independently at a comic store?  Is there a practical test?  Is there a comic grading college that I'm not aware of?

Just wondering how you would even go about hiring more people with the credentials to professionally appraise comic books? 

And did that other guy really say that he sent CGC books back in April and still hasn't gotten them back?  I always thought the 6 month thing was just an exaggeration lol.  And if you're doing this to help sell the book for top dollar, then I guess you also have to consider whether the books you're sending will still be as hot when you get the slabs back half a year later?

Edited by StreetPreacher