• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

Mechanical Error fix (2 books, label swap)
8/25 Shipped via FedEx
8/28 Arrived at CGC
9/2 Marked as Recieved

Restoration Removal/Clean & Press/Regrade
8/25 Shipped via USPS Priority
8/27 Arrived at CGC
9/2 Marked as Recieved

9/18 Grading/Quality Control

9/23 Shipped

Reholder (hopefully) for Pedigree Label
8/25 Shipped via USPS Priority
8/27 Arrived at CGC
9/2 Marked as Recieved
9/14 Marked as Grading / Quality Control
9/21 Shipped
9/22 Received 

How in the world are the mechanical errors taking the longest?!?! They flipped two of my labels from my last order and they said to send back and they'd fix, and those are taking the longest... Even got a book through restoration removal/press and grade faster. 

Walkthru for 2 books - Screening/Pressing/Grading

Received by CCS on 8/20

Finalized/Shipped 9/24

Was really sweating the results all day. :/

Luckily, the 1 GA book went from a 9.0 to 9.2, which puts it at top of census (by itself).

The other key SA book went from 8.0 to 8.5. It was last graded in 2000, which makes sense that the page quality improved from Off White to OW-W. CGC was really hard on page quality the first couple of years.

On 8/25/2020 at 6:32 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

8/24/20: "Received."

50 comic book modern slow-track submission as of 9/25/20," still at "Received" (marked received on 8/24).

25 comic book modern slow-track submission, marked "Received" on 9/23/20.

yes grading - it's not about it being right or wrong it's about it not being consistent. 

i'm sure there are plenty of 9.8s that should have been 9.6 and plenty of 9.6s that should have been 9.8s

3 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

yes grading - it's not about it being right or wrong it's about it not being consistent. 

i'm sure there are plenty of 9.8s that should have been 9.6 and plenty of 9.6s that should have been 9.8s

Definitely agree with this one..

On 9/24/2020 at 11:31 PM, skybolt said:

How does imaging currently work with CGC graded books. If I included that service, are the images e-mailed back to me?

Just confirmed with CGC that images are typically e-mailed 5 business days after books are shipped. Should be getting mine on 10/1.

On 9/25/2020 at 1:58 PM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

50 comic book modern slow-track submission as of 9/25/20," still at "Received" (marked received on 8/24).

25 comic book modern slow-track submission, marked "Received" on 9/23/20.

50 comic book modern slow-track submission as of 9/28/20, "SFG."

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

I love how your submissions never miss a beat. Always run on time, never late, never have to call to find out where is it etc.

Must be nice

One Does Not Simply Meme Generator - Imgflip

One does not simply submit to CGC and get service like that......................unless they are Greggy. (thumbsu

Edited by kimik

7 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I love how your submissions never miss a beat. Always run on time, never late, never have to call to find out where is it etc.

Must be nice

image.thumb.png.3b8641adcaee3fae581e7f6f256034b8.png