• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,978 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Dang 

Current tat for value is at 49 days, I can remember a month ago maybe it was a lot less

That's what we call the old switcheroo

It's called Shockmaster's luck. When I sent mine in, the TAT was 30+ days. After mine were received, the TAT skyrockets. Happens all the time.

On 10/5/2020 at 11:40 AM, colossus127 said:

22 Modern

2 Modern Magazine( Ninja Turtles man...)

All pressed, Slow Track

9/4 Received 

10/5 

3 hours ago, colossus127 said:

Eastman and Lairds from Mirage, both issue 3. 

If mine dont get updated by Friday of next week ill probably inquire. Thatll be 30 business days with no update, some people get theirs graded and shipped in that time it looks like. 

Curious, were they received by CCS or CGC on 9/4? Have you been billed from CCS yet?

Getting 2 dozen books pressed will easily take a month, if not more. Then at least another month to get them graded.

4 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

Curious, were they received by CCS or CGC on 9/4? Have you been billed from CCS yet?

Getting 2 dozen books pressed will easily take a month, if not more. Then at least another month to get them graded.

Yeah isn't the current turn around time for just pressing, 60 days?

Has anyone submitted a wide variety of books across all services in one invoice?  For example, I have 9 books going in for pressing and grading, but only six books for grading.  On this invoice, I have 5 books in the Economy tier for grading and pressing, but I also have one book in the economy tier for just grading (let's just say it's a beater that won't be improved from a press and might get damaged more).  Will CGC hold the grading only books aside to match them up with any books being pressed in that same tier?  

7 hours ago, colossus127 said:

Eastman and Lairds from Mirage, both issue 3. 

If mine dont get updated by Friday of next week ill probably inquire. Thatll be 30 business days with no update, some people get theirs graded and shipped in that time it looks like. 

nice...i have 2 issues of #4's second printing (the nes cover) there since 8/4

12 hours ago, spreads said:

Has anyone submitted a wide variety of books across all services in one invoice?  For example, I have 9 books going in for pressing and grading, but only six books for grading.  On this invoice, I have 5 books in the Economy tier for grading and pressing, but I also have one book in the economy tier for just grading (let's just say it's a beater that won't be improved from a press and might get damaged more).  Will CGC hold the grading only books aside to match them up with any books being pressed in that same tier?  

Good question. Although they could grade, slab, then wait for the others, I think they'll probably hold it until everything's ready for grading and your invoice ships back to you complete. 

Or . . . they could split them into 2 invoices? hm

A good question for the Ask CGC Forum

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/23-ask-cgc/

Edited by Chazgee

14 hours ago, spreads said:

Yeah I submit stuff across tiers and types.  They get put into the system separately, graded and shipped separately. 

On 10/7/2020 at 4:15 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Dang 

Current tat for value is at 49 days, I can remember a month ago maybe it was a lot less

That's what we call the old switcheroo

It WAS a lot less. Like <month turn around. I started working on submitting some early 70s hulks and by the time I got them prepped and sent, *BAM* TAT is back up. So I guess a lot of other people were smart like me and decided to duck Modern for Value subs while the getting was good. 
Still it beats the 85-92 days Value tier was looking at earlier in year. That was nuts. 

5 hours ago, SomethingSexy said:
  • 2 Modern Magazines, received 8/31, SFG 9/22, G/QC 9/30, FIS 10/5
  • 6 Modern Comics, received 8/31, SFG 9/29, G/QC 10/7, FIS 10/8
  • 2 Magazine Economy, received 9/21
  • 1 Magazine Modern, received 9/21, SFG 10/2
  • 4 Modern Comics, received 9/21

Thanks I realized this when I did the submission....I'm thinking I might subtract a few books as I'm paying shipping to Canada which is atrocious!