• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I promise, no hard feelings at all :foryou: ... but I am a little jealous.  Why would my books still be sitting in the "Received" status when they were received prior to the books you (and presumably many others) sent in?

Should I be calling customer service for an explanation?  I generally try not to be a pest but two months with no movement is a lot.

I would second the call in to customer service, that's a LONG time. I had a batch of 10x modern that were marked received no 8/13 and F/I/S on 9/19. Yours being received 8/21 really should have started moving to Grading/QC and even shipping out around end of September, first week of October I would think. Best of luck!

4 hours ago, Shockmaster said:

I would call ASAP. 8/21 Modern non-prescreens should have been done by now.

11 minutes ago, Jaywalker0 said:

I would second the call in to customer service, that's a LONG time. I had a batch of 10x modern that were marked received no 8/13 and F/I/S on 9/19. Yours being received 8/21 really should have started moving to Grading/QC and even shipping out around end of September, first week of October I would think. Best of luck!

Thanks guys.  I just got off the phone with them and they told me that the delay is due to the fact that I selected Quick Press on these books.  I was told the turnaround time for the press alone is 58 business days (about 3 months).  :whatthe:

Looks like I won't be seeing my books until 2021.

I promise, no hard feelings at all :foryou: ... but I am a little jealous.  Why would my books still be sitting in the "Received" status when they were received prior to the books you (and presumably many others) sent in?

Should I be calling customer service for an explanation?  I generally try not to be a pest but two months with no movement is a lot.

A bunch of my orders in August are all "  ".  I have some still sitting at received, an 8/27 modern fast track shipping today on 10/13, which is after some of my other modern slow track orders.  

These are straight to grading, nothing to CCS. 

Edited by Topnotchman

2 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Thanks guys.  I just got off the phone with them and they told me that the delay is due to the fact that I selected Quick Press on these books.  I was told the turnaround time for the press alone is 58 business days (about 3 months).  :whatthe:

holy this is unacceptable...but hey this is what happens in a monopoly

1 hour ago, Deuceboi said:

holy this is unacceptable...but hey this is what happens in a monopoly

Normally I would agree with this, and I do still believe TAT have become a problem, however recently this has become about the same industry ( pressing and grading) wide. Most worth their salt pressers have been backed up to about 3 months due to the influx of submissions. I have started to see the same issues even with "other" grading companies as well as card grading.  Right now short of sending books straight to cgc . If I were to send them to press, then grading it would take anywhere from 3-6 months.  (Slow boat) 

Now take all this with some grain of salt, as CGC has really been stepping up as they still have several that speed on through ( Greggy) and when you couple the influx as well as the in house signings they have still maintained a decently steady TAT as shown through the posts here in the threads.

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

On 10/12/2020 at 8:45 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

They turned around one group of 5 books about a month after receiving them, but the rest of my books (all shipped in the same 24-hour period) are still sitting in limbo.

Another order that UPS shows as having been delivered to CGC last Wednesday (10/7) doesn't even appear in the list as "received."

image.thumb.png.a7e02c65fd39e6677df2b9eca045c7db.png 

Yes, I too have had books delivered by the carrier but only to be "received" a few days later by CGC. I think "received" is when CGC actually opens your box and scans the invoice which probably depends on how many boxes were delivered along with yours.

31 minutes ago, Gaard said:
50 minutes ago, Shockmaster said:

Slow update day today. Does anyone know where CGC is at with Modern Prescreen and Value? 

My 5 book Value slowboat from 9/15 is still at Received.

I know of a value slow boat receive 8/21 that is still at received so may be a while

2 hours ago, Shockmaster said:

Slow update day today. Does anyone know where CGC is at with Modern Prescreen and Value? 

VALUE COMICS x 19 W/ CCS SERVICES

Shipped to CGC: 6/17/20

Delivered to CGC: 6/22/20

Received/CGC Submission Acknowledgement Email: 6/25/20

CCS Payment Acknowledgement Email: 8/26/20 44 business days

Scheduled For Grading: 9/14/20 12 business days

Grading/Quality Control: TBD

15 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

So, the time frame of all packages delivering at CGC is about 3-5 business before you received the email that your books are now received.

They told me that hundreds of the packages are delivered weekly. Is that correct?

that seems to be a reasonable number....i wonder how many employees they have

17 hours ago, Chazgee said:

1 Slow Track SS MODERN
CGC Received: 9/10/20
CGC Billed: 9/11/20
Scheduled for Grading: 10/14/20

How does the SS Modern work? I see the different price tiers for regular Modern ($20) and Sig Series ($30), but I can't seem to find the online submission form aside from the regular Modern form when I choose the "grading" option.  Is SS Modern grading only for private signing?