• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, skybolt said:

I wouldn't worry. My 17 moderns slow track were delivered on 10/13, but haven't been officially received yet. It takes anywhere between 2 and 8 business days from past experience.

Thanks, but not worried. I’m familiar with the process.

8 hours ago, Jessecuster1 said:

Just out of curiosity, what's the longest anyone has waited from the time it says "scheduled for grading" to when its shipped out to them? 

For me personally, the longest wait was about 3 weeks. However, I noticed greggy's books were scheduled for grading back on 9/17 and they still haven't been graded.

3 hours ago, skybolt said:

For me personally, the longest wait was about 3 weeks. However, I noticed greggy's books were scheduled for grading back on 9/17 and they still haven't been graded.

It was received on September 17th.  

9 hours ago, greggy said:

It was received on September 17th.  

Thanks for the correction Greggy. My mistake. They were scheduled for grading on 10/9.

Edited by skybolt

On 10/16/2020 at 8:48 AM, Shockmaster said:

Wow! Moderns are now 40 day TAT and Value is sitting at 60 daus.

I wish CGC would stop doing in house signings for a bit and get back to grading. If this keeps up, I won't see my 8/28 Modern prescreens until Thanksgiving and 8/28 Value until Flag Day 2021.

My 8/21 modern prescreens went from SFG to Grading/ Quality Control on Saturday!!!! So two things, your books are coming soon, and they are working Saturdays.

3 hours ago, Dmac538 said:

My 8/21 modern prescreens went from SFG to Grading/ Quality Control on Saturday!!!! So two things, your books are coming soon, and they are working Saturdays.

I’m confused how this all works. I have seen others that were delivered after you already graded and shipped. 

25 minutes ago, Poontot said:
4 hours ago, Dmac538 said:

I’m confused how this all works. I have seen others that were delivered after you already graded and shipped. 

Just a guess but those already shipped might not have been prescreens

3 hours ago, lotofsilver said:

Thinking this might sit SFG for awhile. 

20201018_131535.jpg

This shows the next up and later date of prescreens just now going to sfg

I have a feeling that prescreens may have their own turn around time separate from regular tiers

Just my guess as I haven't ever done a prescreen....

:tink:

I'll soon find out if the 64 day turnaround time for Modern pressing is accurate. My books are currently sitting at 58 business days. I also sent some moderns for a quick press and they're currently sitting at 43 days (58 day turnaround).

2 minutes ago, Deuceboi said:

2 MODERN PRESSING/GRADING (TMNT #4 Second Print)

8/4 Received

10/18 - Charged by CCS (still says received)

My 10 Moderns Regular Pressing/Grading were received on 7/28 with credit card charged on 9/30. Still sitting at received.

29 minutes ago, Deuceboi said:

aka hire more people :)

These signing sessions certainly put everything on hold for a week or 2. Still waiting for my moderns delivered on 10/13 to be officially received. The last 2 submissions were received 2 days after delivery.

I also wonder if CGC's revised turnaround time, which recently went up from 30 to 40 business days, takes into consideration the delay in opening packages. Otherwise, the actual turnaround time would be more like 45 days.

Edited by skybolt

21 hours ago, Dmac538 said:

I'm not holding my breath because the TAT has gone up twice since they received them. They have several more signing events so I'm sure the TAT will increase a few more times. That's my luck.