• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, skybolt said:

May I ask when they were received by CGC? Lately, they've been been charging the credit card and scheduling books for grading early in the process. For instance, my 14 moderns were received on 10/6 and sheduled for grading a week later. I don't expect them to be graded and shipped back to me for at least another 3 to 4 weeks.

The group of 21 was received 9/21 and the other was 10/01

2 minutes ago, Jessecuster1 said:

The group of 21 was received 9/21 and the other was 10/01

So you're technically sitting at 27 and 18 business, respectively. I think the first batch will likely be graded within 2 weeks and the other one in about 3 to 4. Hopefully, turnaround times won't go up again.:wishluck:

7 minutes ago, skybolt said:

So you're technically sitting at 27 and 18 business, respectively. I think the first batch will likely be graded within 2 weeks and the other one in about 3 to 4. Hopefully, turnaround times won't go up again.:wishluck:

Thanks! I’m still pretty new to this but the last couple I sent out once they said “scheduled for grading” they went to grading within the week. Just have to be patient I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️  Hopefully I get better grades than last time lol

31 minutes ago, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.543f93b625747aa56d287f3de85f2d01.png

That's actually only 23 business days. If they get shipped soon, then the original 30 day turnaround time from receiving is still valid. This leads me to believe that the current 40 business day turnaround time is taking into consideration packages not being opened for a week or 2.

Edited by skybolt

36 minutes ago, Jessecuster1 said:

Thanks! I’m still pretty new to this but the last couple I sent out once they said “scheduled for grading” they went to grading within the week. Just have to be patient I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️  Hopefully I get better grades than last time lol

I actually calculated wrong, it's more like 21 and 13 business days, respectively. However, based on what greggy posted, your original batch could be graded as early as next week.

1 Modern Fast Track -

Shipped USPS - 10/8

Delivered to CGC - 10/12

Received by CGC - 10/13

SFG (and clickable) - 10/16

Grading/QC - 10/20

While it has not moved to shipped yet, normally that is a 1-2 days after Grading/QC.  So yeah I am amazed.  TAT when I shipped was 16 days, when it was received it had jumped to 22 days and now it is sitting at 24 days.

By that math I wasn't expecting movement on this for another couple weeks.

4 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

1 Modern Fast Track -

Shipped USPS - 10/8

Delivered to CGC - 10/12

Received by CGC - 10/13

SFG (and clickable) - 10/16

Grading/QC - 10/20

While it has not moved to shipped yet, normally that is a 1-2 days after Grading/QC.  So yeah I am amazed.  TAT when I shipped was 16 days, when it was received it had jumped to 22 days and now it is sitting at 24 days.

By that math I wasn't expecting movement on this for another couple weeks.

I saw that and I also noticed that TAT's for Reholders went from 15 days to 25 days  :facepalm:

I used Express Tier for one particular book.  It's my only second time to use Express Tier in 12 years but I didn't expect one thing....

I received the email and printed the invoice.  The package was shipped on October 8th and was delivered on October 13th.

This is my first submission but I overlooked one line right under the red button on the email.  I failed to write "Express" on the box so I had to wait for one more week.

Finally!!!

983929205_ScreenShot2020-10-20at5_35_09PM.thumb.png.109b820f938fbbb04f8b8e27ecb8fab5.png

Poor receiving guys have to work 10-12 hours a day to catch up with the mountain of unopened boxes.

Edited by JollyComics

13 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Received 8/15...

Still in receiving... 

I have more to send down but not until I get more back. 

Did you opt for CCS/press service and/or are these VALUE (or MAGAZINE) tier? Because received on 8/15 is too long to not see it move to SFG. That sounds like asking them what's hold up could be good. I've always used CGC's contact form through website for general questions and clarifications on stuff and they're real quick to follow-up. Especially this early in day. 

17 hours ago, JollyComics said:

I used Express Tier for one particular book.  It's my only second time to use Express Tier in 12 years but I didn't expect one thing....

I received the email and printed the invoice.  The package was shipped on October 8th and was delivered on October 13th.

This is my first submission but I overlooked one line right under the red button on the email.  I failed to write "Express" on the box so I had to wait for one more week.

Finally!!!

983929205_ScreenShot2020-10-20at5_35_09PM.thumb.png.109b820f938fbbb04f8b8e27ecb8fab5.png

Poor receiving guys have to work 10-12 hours a day to catch up with the mountain of unopened boxes.

I have written Fast Track on the last 2 of my FT subs and they were received and entered same business day they were picked up from the PO Box.

Writing on the box if there is a special tier or queue definitely seems to be beneficial.

37 minutes ago, Jaywalker0 said:

Did you opt for CCS/press service and/or are these VALUE (or MAGAZINE) tier? Because received on 8/15 is too long to not see it move to SFG. That sounds like asking them what's hold up could be good. I've always used CGC's contact form through website for general questions and clarifications on stuff and they're real quick to follow-up. Especially this early in day. 

No.... they were 10 economy tier books.  I had sent them to Joe to press back in May / June and then he moved them off to CGC who marked them as received on 8/15.