• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,953 posts in this topic

Same here tracking says latest submission was delivered on 10/13 & still waiting for it to be received.

My 9/24 received batch, just went to scheduled for grading yesterday 10/19.

So it only took 17 business days (25 total days) to go from received to scheduled.

Now whats the average wait for scheduled for grading? All Modren Pre-Screen

On 10/18/2020 at 6:17 PM, Gaard said:

Just for shiits -n- giggles, here's what TATs looked like earlier this year...

ss.jpg

Why aren't you maxing out the declared value?  That way if CGC damages or loses your books you're getting paid out more. 

2 hours ago, Ilikeit said:

Same here tracking says latest submission was delivered on 10/13 & still waiting for it to be received.

My 9/24 received batch, just went to scheduled for grading yesterday 10/19.

So it only took 17 business days (25 total days) to go from received to scheduled.

Now whats the average wait for scheduled for grading? All Modren Pre-Screen

My 14 moderns (slow track) received on 10/6 went into SFG last week (my credit card was charged as well). At this point I'm not expecting them to be graded for at least another 3 to 4 weeks.

Edited by skybolt

11 minutes ago, SomethingSexy said:

lol is that what everyone does?

I'm not sure where the joke comes in.....yes, most people max out the declared value - there is no benefit to declaring any amount under the maximum for a tier.   

47 minutes ago, buckeye007 said:

I submitted two books, one Value, one Economy.  Received August 26.  Turnaround revised three times.. now 53 and 60 days. 

Not the best customer service in my humble opinion. 

I have a Value submission received on August 28th. Please keep us updated with the progress of your submissions!

19 minutes ago, spreads said:

I'm not sure where the joke comes in.....yes, most people max out the declared value - there is no benefit to declaring any amount under the maximum for a tier.   

I mean I just did a test and it does increase shipping via USPS, I assume because the insured amount is higher.

Also looking at this policy, https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/declared-value-policy/, CGC can pretty much decide what the Fair Market Value is themselves, and they do not need to use what you entered.  But it does say they won't go over.  So it does make sense to give it a higher number but that doesn't mean you are actually going to get that if something does happen.

Edited by SomethingSexy

12 Modern:

Received for CCS pressing on 6/24

CCS payment email on 8/19

CGC scheduled for grading on 9/11

CGC payment email on 9/18

Patiently waiting.  Currently at 39 days, not including today.  The current TAT's list 40 days... but, is that 40 days from SFG, or is it 40 days from the date we receive our payment acknowledgment?

55 minutes ago, Droid81 said:

12 Modern:

Patiently waiting.  Currently at 39 days, not including today.  The current TAT's list 40 days... but, is that 40 days from SFG, or is it 40 days from the date we receive our payment acknowledgment?

CCS typically charges the credit card well before actually pressing the books. I would base the wait time  for grading closer to the 9/11 date.

Edited by skybolt

1 hour ago, Droid81 said:

12 Modern:

Hypothetically, you should have seen two "received" dates. The first is, in the building & checked in then sent to CCS. The 2nd received is when it's sent over from CCS completed which will be the newest date in portal. THAT new date is when you should start counting 40 days.  

Also the day expectation listed is M-F, weekends dont count (even tho there's anecdotal evidence of weekend OT by graders/handlers). It's also worth speculating about signings too.  

CGC doesn't count the FRI before a big con in the TAT estimate. Without cons, do they apply the same exception to day count where a big name comes in for signing?

Just now, Jessecuster1 said:

I have 21 modern scheduled for grading on 10/09/20 and 23 modern scheduled for grading since 10/13/20. Hopefully they make it to grading sometime in the next week or 2

May I ask when they were received by CGC? Lately, they've been been charging the credit card and scheduling books for grading early in the process. For instance, my 14 moderns were received on 10/6 and sheduled for grading a week later. I don't expect them to be graded and shipped back to me for at least another 3 to 4 weeks.