• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,953 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, joeypost said:

I always submit more than 25 books to pre-screen...they are not always the same invoice. 

It’s about time that you brought back Captain Caveman

17 hours ago, joeypost said:

Wonder if the in-house signings are getting dumped ahead of our books. I had regular moderns submitted the same day (9/9) and they were shipped out on 10/13. When did the last signing occur?

I made that comment actually. I told them that they shouldn't be doing these signings if they cant keep TATs acceptable. When my books hit for value it was 27 days fast track and now 47 I believe.

17 hours ago, Noah Koessel said:

How were you able to prescreen less than 25 books?! 

I pre screened the 16, awhile back they lowered it to 15 to compete with the other grading company. If it changed, they never told me. Since they have already been in the grading room, I would assume they would have told me otherwise.

18 hours ago, Noah Koessel said:

I’ve had a suspicion that CGC plays favorites towards people who submit a lot, so it seems entirely possible, if you believe that to be true. 

I've wondered this myself, especially when I see (on other forums too) people discussing their returns from like InHouse Signing events. And I'm all, "you got your Claremont's back in September?! Mine shipped July 7/29." Which makes me wonder if they took advantage of the "free membership tier can submit for events..." and that's lower priority? 

Which then made me wonder, if so, is there favoritism between other tiers? Like ELITES get a priority bump over PREMIER members? Because I'm a Premier myself and in a year of monitoring TATs, I've seen a couple of my subs have a better turnaround than some other people in the same time frame. I mean, not much, but like a sub was marked received day after and shpped a day before another poster's. 
Who knows, CGC is kind of a black box. 

8 minutes ago, Jaywalker0 said:

I've wondered this myself, especially when I see (on other forums too) people discussing their returns from like InHouse Signing events. And I'm all, "you got your Claremont's back in September?! Mine shipped July 7/29." Which makes me wonder if they took advantage of the "free membership tier can submit for events..." and that's lower priority? 

Which then made me wonder, if so, is there favoritism between other tiers? Like ELITES get a priority bump over PREMIER members? Because I'm a Premier myself and in a year of monitoring TATs, I've seen a couple of my subs have a better turnaround than some other people in the same time frame. I mean, not much, but like a sub was marked received day after and shipped a day before another poster's. 
Who knows, CGC is kind of a black box. 

My guess is that packages received/delivered within the same business week are likely all jumbled together when it comes to turnaround times. I've had books shipped a few days earlier than other people with packages received on the same day and vice-versa.

49 minutes ago, skybolt said:

My guess is that packages received/delivered within the same business week are likely all jumbled together when it comes to turnaround times. I've had books shipped a few days earlier than other people with packages received on the same day and vice-versa.

I wouldn’t doubt it. 

On other news: 

Fast Track Modern 5 Books 

Received: 9/15

Shipped: 10/26

On 10/23/2020 at 4:12 PM, Noah Koessel said:

Fast Track Modern 5 Books. 

Received 9/15 

Grading/Quality Control 10/23

Really unhappy with how long this took compared to non-Fast Track Books. I don’t think I’ll ever pay for Fast Track again—it seems pointless. 

I was thinking why my submission took longer than normal until I remembered they have a lot of private signings which mean they get priority over us.  Once they are done with private signings they will get back on track. 

2 minutes ago, bloodwings19 said:
On 10/23/2020 at 4:12 PM, Noah Koessel said:

Fast Track Modern 5 Books. 

Received 9/15 

Grading/Quality Control 10/23

Really unhappy with how long this took compared to non-Fast Track Books. I don’t think I’ll ever pay for Fast Track again—it seems pointless. 

I was thinking why my submission took longer than normal until I remembered they have a lot of private signings which mean they get priority over us.  Once they are done with private signings they will get back on track. 

Just a mention that, it seems the In-house CGC signings are here to stay, even when con's start back up. Seems CGC has had enough success on the needed venture that they are going to continue, but just wanted to mention that, because in-between the signing's they should have time to get TAT back on track. :) :foryou: 

21 minutes ago, bloodwings19 said:

you must have missed the email with 26 signings lined up :)

20 minutes ago, Old Fashion PB and J said:

Economy FT - 10/27 SFG.........

Well atleast its not just me man, mine were received 3 days after yours(9/4) and Iam in the same boat, still stuck on received. Hopefully mine updates in 2 days, thats the same exact turnaround time as yours! haha