• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jaywalker0 said:

I would not worry about it. I can feel some of mine shift within the inner well too if I turn too quickly with one in hand. But, I've cut a slab open before and the inner sleeve is a hard plastic, vacuum shut, heat sealed covering. The heat shrink effect produces a bit of a lip all around perimeter of comic, so it's the protective cover that's shifting, not the comic in it. I mean, I've read couple accounts of CGC slab being introduced to a flooded basement situation and the label and case were ruined, but comic in inner sleeve was still A+. 

I've had them move around in slabs before, nothing like this.  The slightest movement moves them up and down at a quick pace.  They graded the X-Men 1 a week before and it doesn't do that, this batch must have missed the QA stage....CGC will send me a prepaid envelope to send everything back.  I don't feel comfortable selling these books like this. 

Edited by spreads

25 minutes ago, spreads said:

I've had them move around in slabs before, nothing like this.  The slightest movement moves them up and down at a quick pace.  They graded the X-Men 1 a week before and it doesn't do that, this batch must have missed the QA stage....CGC will send me a prepaid envelope to send everything back.  I don't feel comfortable selling these books like this. 

Not sure about new holders, but the books would definitely suffer from corner damage if moving around that much with the old slabs (even in an inner well). Just make sure to pack them tight and put fragile all around the box (envelope) when sending back to CGC. Hopefully it's 2-day priority mail.

2 hours ago, skybolt said:

Not sure about new holders, but the books would definitely suffer from corner damage if moving around that much with the old slabs (even in an inner well). Just make sure to pack them tight and put fragile all around the box (envelope) when sending back to CGC. Hopefully it's 2-day priority mail.

Well I'm in Canada, but it should get there in 2 days....yes I don't want to ship them back either, but there's no way I'm keeping these books or selling them in these holders.  It's the worst movement I've ever seen on a book....if they were high grade the corners would have already been damaged....

2 minutes ago, spreads said:

Well I'm in Canada, but it should get there in 2 days....yes I don't want to ship them back either, but there's no way I'm keeping these books or selling them in these holders.  It's the worst movement I've ever seen on a book....if they were high grade the corners would have already been damaged....

Definitely understood.

22 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Speaking of shipped,signed for, recieved..

Shipped 10/14/20

Signed for on 10/19/20

20201028_154358.jpg.b85e182768ae02a3408922f91656cb36.jpg

Wow that was quick. Did not expect this at all. Received yesterday.  Today moved to SFG

20201029_144235.jpg.de4db35f9d8cb489d2707db5e95d230c.jpg

5 hours ago, skybolt said:

...The hope is that even if the books may not go to SFG right after pressing, they would at least have a new received date as they get switched from pressing to grading. 

To answer that question, yes, once CCS transfers the completed books back to CGC for grading, you'll see an updated Received date.

I've only had 2 batches of submissions pressed and it was painful. First was pressed during the period when they'd just done intake on the last two big cons of '19 that I think included NYCC and boy that was a beating. Received on 10/31 :: completed & shipped 4/02. the second batch that was pressed was received a full two months later, but shipped at end of April. TATs now are long, but they used to be so much worse through end of last year into beginning of this year. 

UPDATES

Modern Slow Track - 25 Books

In CGC's hands: Mon 9/28

Received: Fri 10/2

CC Charged: Mon 10/5

Scheduled for grading: Tue 10/13

Grading/QC: Fri 10/30

Modern Slow Track - 25 Books

In CGC's hands: Thu 10/29

Edited by Rhymenoceros

5 hours ago, spreads said:

Does it have anything to do with them adding more space between the plastic elements in order to combat Newton Rings? (shrug)

I've noticed something like this on books recently too, but it's the entire inner elements and holder parts moving inside the outer holder parts - not just the book.

Edited by Rhymenoceros

TATs will be off due to signing event, but here's a completed order to help clear the queue somewhat:

Bill Morrison InHouse Signing + Sketch x2

Delivered: 8/31
CGC Rcvd: 9/2
CGC Charged: 9/3
SFG: 10/19
Grading/QC: 10/28
F/I/S: 10/30

9 minutes ago, Jaywalker0 said:

TATs will be off due to signing event, but here's a completed order to help clear the queue somewhat:

do you know when he signed? was it 3 weeks ago the 9th of Oct.? and did you press?

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
13 minutes ago, Jaywalker0 said:

do you know when he signed? was it 3 weeks ago the 9th of Oct.? and did you press?

You did the best you could on reporting really 

It's just Campbell finished about a week ago, but I paid for press and wondered if you did as well? also mine is a mag and may take a direct move to the back or front of the line lol 

depending on how the pendulum swings hahaha cause other's submitted mags

On 10/28/2020 at 9:20 PM, musicmeta said:

OMG!  My Value tier submission received on 9/1  is now "Scheduled for Grading"... Hallelujah..Hallelujah..

My Value Fast Track has been at SFG for like 2 weeks now. Also received 9/1..

1 hour ago, Old Fashion PB and J said:

My Value Fast Track has been at SFG for like 2 weeks now. Also received 9/1..

Wow! Sad! ...Thanks for helping me set my expectations on when my books will be graded and you're "FAST" track...hmmm...seems like your books should have been graded long ago.  
I'll check the status everyday but now that I know your status, I won't be expecting my books to be graded any time soon...i.e. at least 2 weeks it seems. 
Sorry for your delay in grading.