• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

On 10/28/2020 at 3:54 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

20201028_154504.jpg.bec46739f05e053d5aa9c9773fec16a3.jpg

Had mentioned that my in house signing for Bill Morrison had not updated and was informed that it would show as a new received date when they made it back to CGC from CCS. Well today received notification.

20201031_004227.jpg.22b4abee25634cd296dc6782a0c588c4.jpg

I am happy they moved so quick, but at the same time that was extremely quick to be pressed and back at CGC. 

Now just looking forward to seeing  what these grade out at, the Signature placement and if maybe he decided to remark any. :wishluck:

I wonder how this works with the signature books.

i.e.

25 books (moderns) sent in on 8/9/2020

Books go SFG on 9/9/2020

A week before they are to be graded/encapsulated 2,000 new signature books get dumped ahead of them in the queue.

Are regular books now "on hold" as as all the signatures get done? Once the sigs are all out the door the clock starts again on the regular moderns that were received on 8/9? 

Not complaining, just want to figure out the process and the realistic wait time.

8 minutes ago, joeypost said:

i.e.

Books go SFG on 9/9/2020

A week before they are to be graded/encapsulated 2,000 new signature books get dumped ahead of them in the queue.

Are regular books now "on hold" as as all the signatures get done? Once the sigs are all out the door the clock starts again on the regular moderns that were received on 8/9? 

Not complaining, just want to figure out the process and the realistic wait time.

So, do these in house signing books have a built in Fast Track? If not, why would they be graded ahead of books that arrived before them? If that is the case...

14 hours ago, musicmeta said:

Wow! Sad! ...Thanks for helping me set my expectations on when my books will be graded and you're "FAST" track...hmmm...seems like your books should have been graded long ago.  
I'll check the status everyday but now that I know your status, I won't be expecting my books to be graded any time soon...i.e. at least 2 weeks it seems. 
Sorry for your delay in grading.

When I sent them in the Value Fast track was like 27 days.. I called 3 weeks ago and they said they should be done in 1 1/2 weeks. Now they have no time frame for any of my subs.

I have 2 × 25 Modern pre-screened sitting at SFG since 10/1. I thought yes! SFG they'll be done anyday now ! Lol.. I think the receivers & the SFG employees are kicking butt right now and somewhere after that is the not so kicking butt employees 

Edited by Ilikeit

15 hours ago, electricprune said:

So, do these in house signing books have a built in Fast Track? If not, why would they be graded ahead of books that arrived before them? If that is the case...

Not Fast Track per se, but promised 3 week max CCS and 3 week max grade. So yes, the Inhouse signings would receive priority.

15 hours ago, joeypost said:

i.e.

Books go SFG on 9/9/2020

I don't know at all how this works. But the InHouse do have a promised 3 week turnaround. But they have been staggering the visits to get those grades out door without disrupting reg subs too much.  

FWIW I've been submitting a lot through Quarantine period. Both signings and regular subs. I have a suspicion that they may pull bulk of graders onto signings, but leave a couple always dedicated to regular subs to keep that flow going. I say that because I feel my signings received more...generous(?) grades. My reg subs seemed to have a stricter grader, but one who offered notes on 9.2, 9.4, even 9.6s. I had never before received notes on those tiers. And not for any signins returned in those grades. And some reg subs didnt get those notes either, but most do. Like it's one dude who is VERY detail oriented who is never pulled off reg sub grading. I dunno. I do like constructing narratives in my head 

Updates:

Modern Slow Track - 25 Books

In CGC's hands: Mon 9/28

Received: Fri 10/2

CC Charged: Mon 10/5

Scheduled for grading: Tue 10/13

Grading/QC: Fri 10/30

Shipped/Finalized: Mon 11/2

Either CGC is getting tighter on some books or I slipped on this one doh!  17 @ 9.8, 7 @ 9.6, 1 @ 9.2 ... of those, I'd say 4 were a little shocking. Some of the 9.6s I was on the fence about but still worth grading. 

-------

New Sub:

Modern Slow Track - 25 Books

In CGC's hands: Thu 10/29

Received: _________

Edited by Rhymenoceros

On 10/31/2020 at 12:50 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Had mentioned that my in house signing for Bill Morrison had not updated and was informed that it would show as a new received date when they made it back to CGC from CCS. Well today received notification.

20201031_004227.jpg.22b4abee25634cd296dc6782a0c588c4.jpg

I am happy they moved so quick, but at the same time that was extremely quick to be pressed and back at CGC. 

Now just looking forward to seeing  what these grade out at, the Signature placement and if maybe he decided to remark any. :wishluck:

Updated to SFG.. forget to mention this update was today. ( like most of us waiting can not help but to keep clicking the My Submissions button.)

20201102_164046.jpg.7250c6e63468b64bd901c4b484fb1ba3.jpg

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Add time