• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,945 posts in this topic

On 10/29/2020 at 7:20 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

G/QC on October 28, 2020.

18 comic books MST submission arrived at CGC on October 26, 2020; not yet noted as received as of October 28. Well, "it is" 44 days.

25 comic books MST sub, at G/QC since October 28, 2020

18 comic books MST sub marked "Received" on November 5, 2020.

11/5/20
MODERN
Received

9/23/20
MODERN
Grading / Quality Control

1 hour ago, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

25 comic books MST sub, at G/QC since October 28, 2020

18 comic books MST sub marked "Received" on November 5, 2020.

11/5/20
MODERN
Received

9/23/20
MODERN
Grading / Quality Control

Still waiting for my 11/3 moderns to be received.

On a side note, just noticed that quick press is up to 65 business days. When I sent in my books it was at 40. I've been a week from them getting pressed for the past 5 weeks. :frustrated:

On 11/4/2020 at 5:38 PM, pavel7601 said:

My 9/10 modern prescreen just went to grading qc today. Its been at sfg for almost 3 weeks.

How long have they been at SFG? My 9/10 modern pre screen have been at SFG for over 2 weeks now.

About a month, but they shipped Thursday so I would expect a week or 2 more.

On 11/6/2020 at 11:38 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

10 book modern slow track

received 11/06/2020

Now the Jingle Rock Has Begun

:tink: 

Although I sent in books for inhouse signing with the modern sub, and they're not marked as received yet :shy: 

Scheduled for Grading, 11/10 :wishluck: 

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, soon the bells will start, and the thing that'll make them ring, is the carol that you sing right within your heart :x 

12 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

humbug.  :sumo:

lol ya I hear you, when it does come after Thanksgiving that I get QC, then I'll be able to quote all that :ph34r: and it'll help me turn to Christmas and feel better about it taking for ever 

hahaha

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Scheduled for Grading, 11/10 :wishluck: 

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, soon the bells will start, and the thing that'll make them ring, is the carol that you sing right within your heart :x 

When were they delivered 

4 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

When were they delivered 

The 5th but I kind of cheated on a way

I sent them with 1 magazine that was for the in-house signing so that I could write that on the side to be opened fast.

I had planned on doing the signing first, but since it would be opened quick, I sent the modern sub with it...

@Chazgee maybe that's why you said humbug lol

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The 5th but I kind of cheated on a way

I sent them with 1 magazine that was for the in-house signing so that I could write that on the side to be opened fast.

I had planned on doing the signing first, but since it would be opened quick, I sent the modern sub with it...

@Chazgee maybe that's why you said humbug lol

Ah makes sense 

3 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

i have one order delivered 11/2 still not received

another order delivered 11/4 still not received

:facepalm:

CGC just responded that they're still in the process of opening packages received during the week of 10/26. They said it typically takes 2-10 business days to do that.

12 minutes ago, skybolt said:

CGC just responded that they're still in the process of opening packages received during the week of 10/26. They said it typically takes 2-10 business days to do that.

For the amount of money they are making you’d think they hire more people 

On 11/9/2020 at 3:05 PM, skybolt said:

image.thumb.png.85068d96a621cfb38231233024d01a34.png

12 graded @ 9.8 and 2 @ 9.6. This was actually my best case scenario!

Best investment I've made was buying a $19.99 floor lamp from Target with 5 - 100-volt light sockets. It has increased my grading skills tremendously. I can see every little minute defect.

Agreed, that is one of the first keys to grading....Light! 

Finally received my last shipment of Pre Screen 9.8 from as far back as August. 95% of the books are Copper, and have not been pressed, 147 out of 200 came back 9.8!! I can't complain about that, books that are about 30 years or older , almost 75% 9.8.

16 hours ago, cd4ever said:

Agreed, that is one of the first keys to grading....Light! 

Indeed.

I have very bright lighting in my "grading room," including an OttLite Task Lamp which I use in combination with a magnifying glass.

1 hour ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

515-rzYRE1L._SL1000_.thumb.jpg.d6641b90292b303ae63c872f55b7ea2d.jpg

Thank you, but I prefer the OttlLite Task Lamb for final grading, combined with, as I wrote, a magnifying glass, as it is quite compact, taking very little room on my grading table.

However, I do have two OttLite Ultimate 3-in-1 Craft Lamp, 24 Watt, Floor Lamp, Table Lamp, Clamp-On Lamp one each for my model train (N and HO scales primarily with some O scale thrown in) and plastic model "work."

Clearly, I have far too many hobbies.

I forgot to add, as I'm sure you know, that OttLite also has a Task Lamp with a magnifying "glass" but having used it at a friends house I find the magnification attachment uncomfortable to use for grading comic books.

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe
OttLite 13 Watt Magnifier Task Lamp with 2X Magnification and Swivel Base