• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,858 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ChrispyC66 said:

Now that’s the spirit! I’ll have what you’re having, just make it a double! :golfclap:

superb!! this is my first go around with CGC so I didn't really know what to expect. My first grading experience was at CBCS and I learned a lot about the process by spending a lot of time on the boards. I'll be a regular here for sure . :tink:

16 hours ago, umyeahwhatevers said:

Shipment delivered by USPS on 11/9.
Still has not reached CGC Submission Tracking yet (5 business days including today)...
What is everyone's recent experience with this stage?

I'm in same boat (11/9) - called, CGC stated opening packages received first week of November currently.

• 2 Modern Magazines, received 8/31, SFG 9/22, G/QC 9/30, FIS 10/5
  • 6 Modern Comics, received 8/31, SFG 9/29, G/QC 10/7, FIS 10/8
  • 1 Magazine Modern, received 9/21, SFG 10/2, G/QC 10/9, FIS 10/13
  • 4 Modern Comics, received 9/21, SFG 10/9, G/QC 10/28, FIS 10/28
  • 2 Magazine Economy, received 9/21, SFG 11/9
  • 7 Modern, delivered 11/6, received 11/18
  • 2 Value, delivered 11/6, received 11/18

35 minutes ago, skybolt said:

Anyone else with modern slow track submissions prior to this date still in SFG? My 10/21 submission is still waiting to be graded.

Just received following message from CGC on my submission above. 

"Your order is currently in the grading room.  Right now, our Modern grading tier is running about 31 business days so it will probably be another two weeks or so until that is completed".

5 hours ago, skybolt said:

Anyone else with modern slow track submissions prior to this date still in SFG? My 10/21 submission is still waiting to be graded.

Mine was received on 10/28 MST and is also still at SFG. Did you do a Prescreen ? Mine is and from what several others have said that it can add 10 days , which might help explain why some books received after are being graded before.  That and you did just post after Greggy. He submit TONS of books so I would not really use or compare to his TAT... 

2 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Mine was received on 10/28 MST and is also still at SFG. Did you do a Prescreen ? Mine is and from what several others have said that it can add 10 days , which might help explain why some books received after are being graded before.  That and you did just post after Greggy. He submit TONS of books so I would not really use or compare to his TAT... 

Nope, it wasn't a prescreen, just a regular modern sub. Like I noted above, I'm still at 20 day business days, but it is odd.