• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

I am lamenting how long a rather nice submission is taking to show up as received. My issue really is with the USPS as it took 10 days to deliver a registered priority package. As far as CGC goes a backlog isn’t the worst problem for a company to have. 

Unless that backlog has been ongoing for over a decade :insane: 

13 minutes ago, EmpyreDave said:

I sent 20 moderns that were received by CGC on 10/7. I received them today, 11/23. So it was a 34 business day turnaround. 

What tier, or fast track?

1 hour ago, musicmeta said:

:pullhair:  Yes, My status has been "Scheduled for Grading" for over 3 weeks.  They were "Received" on 9/1.  Not sure I will get them before Christmas now.  Most likely next year.

I calculated I would get my 8/28 Values back right after Christmas. Unless they change the TAT's again, which is very, very likely to happen. I'm not holding my breath that I will see my books this year. There's more signing opportunities happening that will push Value back even farther.

1 hour ago, Shockmaster said:

I calculated I would get my 8/28 Values back right after Christmas. Unless they change the TAT's again, which is very, very likely to happen. I'm not holding my breath that I will see my books this year. There's more signing opportunities happening that will push Value back even farther.

That puts mine most likely end of December or early next year...provided the TAT's don't change...which like you stated probably will push out again.  sigh!

34 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

That puts mine most likely end of December or early next year...provided the TAT's don't change...which like you stated probably will push out again.  sigh!

That’s not sustainable.   80 day TATs is ridiculous.  They need to add graders.   If it cost more money to grade, then so be it.   Obviously, demand has outstripped supply.  Time to temper demand.

1 hour ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

That’s not sustainable.   80 day TATs is ridiculous.  They need to add graders.   If it cost more money to grade, then so be it.   Obviously, demand has outstripped supply.  Time to temper demand.

Exactly, especially when it was an 39 day TAT when they received my books! But I don't agree with charging a higher fee. With all the money they're raking in with the signature opportunities, they can afford to get more graders.

12 minutes ago, Shockmaster said:

Exactly, especially when it was an 39 day TAT when they received my books! But I don't agree with charging a higher fee. With all the money they're raking in with the signature opportunities, they can afford to get more graders.

I don’t want them to raise prices, but that’s the principle of economic.   You have a product that you can’t meet demand with, raise the price until you can meet demand.   Or if you make more money by leaving prices alone and adding more people so you can sell more, great.   The problem here is they’re doing neither.

Value tier submission (non fast track)

Received: 8/28

When I first shipped to CGC, TAT was 35 days for Value. It has slowly increased since then, and they still have not been graded. As of this morning, TAT is 75 days. So, should I have been part of the 35 day TAT or am I now lumped into the 75 day TAT? By the way, it's been 88 days since "Received". I called them to make sure everything was OK and they said yes and they appreciate my patience. 

Anyone have a wait this long for Value? 88 days...and counting?!?!?!?!?!

1 minute ago, Motor City Rob said:

When I first shipped to CGC, TAT was 35 days for Value. It has slowly increased since then, and they still have not been graded. As of this morning, TAT is 75 days. So, should I have been part of the 35 day TAT or am I now lumped into the 75 day TAT? By the way, it's been 88 days since "Received". I called them to make sure everything was OK and they said yes and they appreciate my patience. 

I have always wondered about the TAT when it increases. Do you get the TRT that was in place when they receive the books or does the rate for the books received increase same as books being received on a day that has a much higher TRT?  

1 hour ago, X_Phile said:

I have always wondered about the TAT when it increases. Do you get the TRT that was in place when they receive the books or does the rate for the books received increase same as books being received on a day that has a much higher TRT?  

From past and current experiences,  the current TAT is what you go by. When I turned in my 8/28 Value,  the TAT was 39 days which would have done in Oct. But the TAT is now 75 days and my books are sitting SFG, collecting dust.

1 hour ago, Motor City Rob said:

I have a Value tier submission of 9 books, marked RECEIVED on 8/19, as of today 11/24 it is still SCHEDULED FOR GRADING.

I am equally unhappy about the extended TATs. CGC lost money from me fast tracking the order, too. Bad on them.

2 minutes ago, Phill the Governor said:

I have a Value tier submission of 9 books, marked RECEIVED on 8/19, as of today 11/24 it is still SCHEDULED FOR GRADING.

I am equally unhappy about the extended TATs. CGC lost money from me fast tracking the order, too. Bad on them.

Did you fast track your order? From the rollercoaster ride that is Value's TATS, Fast Track is something I personally wouldn't use. But I think Fast Track's TATs should be concrete from the time they received your books since you're paid the extra money.