• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,945 posts in this topic

Just now, Shockmaster said:

Did you fast track your order? From the rollercoaster ride that is Value's TATS, Fast Track is something I personally wouldn't use. But I think Fast Track's TATs should be concrete from the time they received your books since you're paid the extra money.

No. It didn't seem necessary at the time. If I had known that CGC was going to continue extending TATs from when I initially submitted back in August I would have gladly paid the extra fast tracking fee for each book. So they lost out on extra $$ from me. :whatev:

2 hours ago, Motor City Rob said:

Value tier submission (non fast track)

Received: 8/28

When I first shipped to CGC, TAT was 35 days for Value. It has slowly increased since then, and they still have not been graded. As of this morning, TAT is 75 days. So, should I have been part of the 35 day TAT or am I now lumped into the 75 day TAT? By the way, it's been 88 days since "Received". I called them to make sure everything was OK and they said yes and they appreciate my patience. 

Anyone have a wait this long for Value? 88 days...and counting?!?!?!?!?!

Unfortunately, since your books were received on 8/28, that computes to 59 business days. Based on the current turnaround times, you may still be a couple of weeks away. :(

21 hours ago, Phill the Governor said:

I have a Value tier submission of 9 books, marked RECEIVED on 8/19, as of today 11/24 it is still SCHEDULED FOR GRADING.

I am equally unhappy about the extended TATs. CGC lost money from me fast tracking the order, too. Bad on them.

Wow! That's even worse than my situation. I guess it's good that our hobby is booming. I hope that CGC stays disciplined in their hiring and training. Would hate to see the quality of the product go down just to improve their turnaround times.

On 11/24/2020 at 8:07 AM, Motor City Rob said:

Value tier submission (non fast track)

Received: 8/28

When I first shipped to CGC, TAT was 35 days for Value. It has slowly increased since then, and they still have not been graded. As of this morning, TAT is 75 days. So, should I have been part of the 35 day TAT or am I now lumped into the 75 day TAT? By the way, it's been 88 days since "Received". I called them to make sure everything was OK and they said yes and they appreciate my patience. 

Anyone have a wait this long for Value? 88 days...and counting?!?!?!?!?!

Not Quite.  Mine was received on 9/14.   Predictably sitting at SFG.  

2 hours ago, Shockmaster said:

They can always hire some of the people who sell on Facebook. Most of them act like experts in grading.

2 minutes ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

Except...  They aren't.   

ChasingKingKirby is correct , best we leave those people for the Overstreet advisor positions..

8 Books, Standard, Pressing, Grading

Shipped USPS: 10/9/20

On Premises: 10/16/20

“Received” 10/23/20 (5 Working Days)

Scheduled for Grading: 11/9/20 (16 Working Days)

Grading/Quality Control: 11/18/20 (23 Working Days)

Finalized/Shipped: 11/20/20 (25 Working Days)

Received at Home: 11/24/20