• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Jaywalker0 said:

Woo-hoo! Nowhere near Greggy's VIP treatment, but I feel like mine beat the advertised TAT. 

8x modern slow track (no addl services):

Delivered: 10/27
CGC Rcvd: 10/30
CGC Charged: 11/18
SFG: 11/13
Grading/QC: 11/24
F/I/S: 11/25

19 working days...

2 hours ago, pastandpresentcomics said:

25 modern Slow track

10/30 rec

11/24 grading/QC 

11/24 finalized/shipped

Awesome.

18 working days...

Unless they have been working Saturday’s which would mean 23 and 22 working days, respectively.

Thats not bad at all for Modern subs.

^^x2

Edited by ChrispyC66

On 11/10/2020 at 8:41 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

18 comic books MST sub marked "Received" on November 5, 2020.

11/5/20
MODERN
Received

The 18 comic book MSL submission still marked as "Received" as of today, Saturday, November 28, 2020.

A 35 comic book MSL submission mailed to CGC on Friday, November 27, 2020. Arrived at CGC on _______.(?) Marked Received by CGC on _______.(?)

I have a suggestion. It’s a fairly obvious suggestion.

If you want to know where your submission is or why it hasn’t moved to the next stage yet, send an email to submissions@cgccomics.com with your order number and be specific about what information you are requesting.

CGC Customer Service seems happy to respond to polite requests for these updates within 1-2 business days. I have done this successfully several times.

I think this serves two purposes, you get an update on your order AND they get a record of emails requesting statuses for submissions. If they pay attention to the data it might lead to improvements in notification policies for the future.

On 11/26/2020 at 10:36 PM, Oskywalker said:

10 Modern slow track

Delivered to CGC: 11/23/2020

Received: ??

CC Charged: ??

Schedule for grading: ??

Grading/QC: ??

Shipped: ??

The waiting starts.

I have a 12 book submission MFT that was delivered to  CGC on 11/17 per tracking and has yet to be listed in my account. Yet a smaller shipment received by CGC 3 days later, has been listed as received. That concerns me a little. 

On 11/29/2020 at 8:57 AM, X_Phile said:

I have a 12 book submission MFT that was delivered to  CGC on 11/17 per tracking and has yet to be listed in my account. Yet a smaller shipment received by CGC 3 days later, has been listed as received. That concerns me a little. 

Mine took 10 business days last time, so hopefully your books will be received today. I've mentioned this before, but when CGC falls a couple of weeks behind with respect to recording books received, the packages received during any given week likely get jumbled together.

On 11/25/2020 at 10:31 AM, Werner_Von_Doom said:

8 Books, Standard, Pressing, Grading

Shipped USPS: 10/9/20

On Premises: 10/16/20

“Received” 10/23/20 (5 Working Days)

Scheduled for Grading: 11/9/20 (16 Working Days)

Grading/Quality Control: 11/18/20 (23 Working Days)

Finalized/Shipped: 11/20/20 (25 Working Days)

Received at Home: 11/24/20

No way these books were pressed by CCS

12 minutes ago, catch21 said:

Correct the math says these books were not pressed.

I took it to mean that both pressing and grading beat the turnaround times for the Standard submission. Pressing took 11 instead of 15 business days, while grading and shipping took 9 days instead of 15 (actually CGC also factors in the shipping time in their estimate). I could be wrong though.

4 hours ago, skybolt said:

I took it to mean that both pressing and grading beat the turnaround times for the Standard submission. Pressing took 11 instead of 15 business days, while grading and shipping took 9 days instead of 15 (actually CGC also factors in the shipping time in their estimate). I could be wrong though.

Exactly. Both beat the turnaround times. Grading was very fast.

Just now, Shockmaster said:

My Value from 8/28 is still sitting in SFG too. I only have 3 books but they're going to take the 75 days to get it done. Unless the TAT goes up again.

Yes, I guess "Value" tier gets treated the worse of the tiers.  Cheaper but takes a lot longer.