• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

Seems the only way to get them back in a reasonable time is to do the signature series event.  Was just told the turnaround times posted when you submit are previous turnaround times.  Had not seen that noted on the website.

On 12/2/2020 at 10:46 AM, kimik said:

Congrats. My Modern shipment received on 11/5/2020 is still sitting as Scheduled for Grading.

Wow. This week was a fast turnaround. The books went from SFG on the 2nd to Graded and shipped as of yesterday.  Thank you CGC.

Now I know what it feels like to be Greggy with submissions.

1 hour ago, Shockmaster said:

If only Value can be as fast.

The normal submission flow was disrupted due to COVID. Dealers and collectors that would have been submitting en masse during the summer convention season on-site are doing it now to prep for next year. 

Split submission (one economy book, 9 moderns), press/grade, slow track. Been there since mid-August. I've passed the posted 74 business days at CCS for both. The economy submission flipped back to SFG at CGC on 12/1, still waiting for the moderns to do so. 

Holding out hope the moderns will make the transition, get graded and be shipped back before the end of the year. 

I just noticed the TAT for Value Tier increased once again today and is now at 86 days.  I am just curious if this is a normal TAT for value tier over the past year or two or has it steadily increased? 

27 minutes ago, buddy2 said:

I just noticed the TAT for Value Tier increased once again today and is now at 86 days.  I am just curious if this is a normal TAT for value tier over the past year or two or has it steadily increased? 

Wow, modern went up from 28 to 40 days as well. My quick press moderns are sitting at 73 business days now (current turnaround is 69 days).

So when TAT get bumped like that. For example when modern went from 28 to 40 when do the books get bumped?  Is that across the board , or is that books just being received? SFG? Just curious when the decided you know what we aren't going to meet the original stated time so lets just increase stated TAT. 

Another reason I am asking is I have a modern 25 PS lot that was received 10/28, move to SFG on 11/11. While I have seen others already state theirs received just before and some after already F/I/S.

3 hours ago, buddy2 said:

Probably because of more signing events. Ugh. Every time my submission gets close to being done, the TAT goes up.

12 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

So when TAT get bumped like that. For example when modern went from 28 to 40 when do the books get bumped?  Is that across the board , or is that books just being received? SFG? Just curious when the decided you know what we aren't going to meet the original stated time so lets just increase stated TAT. 

Another reason I am asking is I have a modern 25 PS lot that was received 10/28, move to SFG on 11/11. While I have seen others already state theirs received just before and some after already F/I/S.

We are sitting in the same waiting room, my friend.

modern ps 25 books, recvd 10/28. :whatev:

12 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Well, my 35 comic book MSL submission that arrived at CGC on November 30, 2020, may be returned to me freshly graded in January 2021. Happy New Year!

On 12/3/2020 at 12:45 PM, IceHole said:

I had 2 orders of 25 books, 50 total.  Modern slow (no press) received on 10/22.  Showed up in Scheduled to be graded 3 days later.  Shipped on 11/19.

Just shipped another 25 books.  Tracking shows it was delivered on 11/24 but still not showing up on my CGC submission tracking.

CGC marked this order as received today, the 5th...SATURDAY!   Who's working Saturday at CGC??? 

22 hours ago, buddy2 said:

I've been submitting since July '19 and religiously following this post since found around Dec of '19.    

Do the TATs, especially for Value, stink? Yes. But what may be overlooked in this is that before the Pandemic shut everything down, TATs were right around these numbers. I remember Value inching up into 90-92 day windows beginning of year. We were all spoiled by fact that w/out Cons, CGC cleared the backlog and we were getting sub 20 day TATs at any tier for a hot minute there.

They were probably losing $$$ w/out CONs so opened up Free tier to direct subs and started the InHouse signing events on steroids. Which drove up subs and effectively put all our TATs *back* at where they would have been anyway in a normal year. This is essentially the tiger tail we hold :/