• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, colossus127 said:

9/4 here for me, 24 pressed, 2 Modern Magazines 22 Modern, still says receiving.

I did get charged for the pressing just 3 days ago though, have you? If not check your email invoice/bank account. 

I have already been charged for the pressing. That was on the second of this month. 

52 minutes ago, lotofsilver said:

So follow up, called CGC to confirm and I smell disaster brewing. Told me these had already been pressed. I'm VERY skeptical that these were pressed in 30 calendar days. I've also done enough of these to know there is always a new received date when they pass from CCS to CGC which never happened. Guess I'll wait and see what happens next :popcorn:

That didn't happen to mine either.....oh no!!

1 hour ago, lotofsilver said:

So follow up, called CGC to confirm and I smell disaster brewing. Told me these had already been pressed. I'm VERY skeptical that these were pressed in 30 calendar days. I've also done enough of these to know there is always a new received date when they pass from CCS to CGC which never happened. Guess I'll wait and see what happens next :popcorn:

My last 2 press jobs went from CCS to SFG as well. Unfortunately, it took 74 and 78 business days, respectively. Are they moderns, and did they charge you $8 per book? 20 business seems super quick.

7 minutes ago, skybolt said:

My last 2 press jobs went from CCS to SFG as well. Unfortunately, it took 74 and 78 business days, respectively. Are they moderns, and did they charge you $8 per book? 20 business seems super quick.

That makes me feel a tad better that you didn't get new received days. Yep, moderns, they charged $200 for CCS ($8/per) as soon as they were received. 

Modern (50 Books)
Delivered 11/02/20
Received 11/13/20
Scheduled for Grading 12/10/20

Modern Signature Series (20 Books)
Received 11/12/20
Scheduled for Grading 12/11/20
Graded 12/14/20

Modern (50 Books)
Delivered 11/12/20
Received 11/20/20

Modern (50 Books)
Delivered 11/24/20
Received 12/07/20

40 minutes ago, lotofsilver said:

This will either be the fastest CCS Quickpress/CGC submission in history or someone is messing with me. Updated to Grading/Quality Control now....:facepalm:

Edit: I feel weird griping my submission is moving to fast.

20201214_150007.jpg

I would call and ask again. For instance, my modern slow track pressed books took 74 business days to press (received 7/28) and  have been sitting at SFG since 11/12. I also have another quick press submittal that was received 11/16 (they haven't charged me yet, which is typical). I hate to say it, but it does seem like your books went to grading right away. :(

Edited by skybolt

15 minutes ago, skybolt said:

I would call and ask again. For instance, my modern slow track pressed books took 74 business days to press (received 7/28) and  have been sitting at SFG since 11/12. I also have another quick press submittal that was received 11/16 (they haven't charged me yet, which is typical). I hate to say it, but it does seem like your books went to grading right away. :(

Yeah, my last quickpress before this one was 8/12, updated to received at CGC 11/30 and is now sitting in SFG. Last full press was received 7/13 and F/I/S today actually.

Talked to a new CSR and she agreed there was no way. Said she would reach out to CCS and call me back. My money is on these things ship out graded and unpressed before I hear back but we shall see. These were all post-2018 books with very minor issues so the grades should reflect whether they were pressed or not relatively easily I'd think. 

1 minute ago, lotofsilver said:

Yeah, my last quickpress before this one was 8/12, updated to received at CGC 11/30 and is now sitting in SFG. Last full press was received 7/13 and F/I/S today actually.

Talked to a new CSR and she agreed there was no way. Said she would reach out to CCS and call me back. My money is on these things ship out graded and unpressed before I hear back but we shall see. These were all post-2018 books with very minor issues so the grades should reflect whether they were pressed or not relatively easily I'd think. 

Definitely, especially if grading notes show non color breaking creases.

1 minute ago, skybolt said:

Definitely, especially if grading notes show non color breaking creases.

I was wrong, they called me back already! Confirmed they skipped pressing and are pulling them out of grading to go back in line at CCS.

Crisis averted, thanks everyone for listening to my adventures today. <3

1 minute ago, lotofsilver said:

I was wrong, they called me back already! Confirmed they skipped pressing and are pulling them out of grading to go back in line at CCS.

Crisis averted, thanks everyone for listening to my adventures today. <3

Hopefully they can expedite the quick press for you a bit after this snafu.

Should I be freaking?  I feel like freaking out.

Submitted 3 books for CCS Pressing and then CGC Grading: Hulk 181, GSX-Men 1, ASM 238 (Tattooz intact).  Yes, these are a few of my grails.  Yes, this adds anxiety.

Received on 11/5.  Paid CCS on 11/6.

These are EXPRESS tier.  At the time it was a 10 day TAT at CCS.  They haven't moved at all.  I've called a couple of times over the last few weeks and they've assured me that next week, they would move to CGC and that they website should say 15 days TAT for CCS pressing.  They haven't.  Even considering the Thanksgiving break, we are getting closer to 30 business days.

I just need to commiserate to someone.  Any advice?  I had dropped to smoking 5 cigs a day before this, now I'm back to half a pack or more plus hitting the dispensary more frequently, lol.

10 minutes ago, Drummeraa said:

Should I be freaking?  I feel like freaking out.

Submitted 3 books for CCS Pressing and then CGC Grading: Hulk 181, GSX-Men 1, ASM 238 (Tattooz intact).  Yes, these are a few of my grails.  Yes, this adds anxiety.

Received on 11/5.  Paid CCS on 11/6.

These are EXPRESS tier.  At the time it was a 10 day TAT at CCS.  They haven't moved at all.  I've called a couple of times over the last few weeks and they've assured me that next week, they would move to CGC and that they website should say 15 days TAT for CCS pressing.  They haven't.  Even considering the Thanksgiving break, we are getting closer to 30 business days.

I just need to commiserate to someone.  Any advice?  I had dropped to smoking 5 cigs a day before this, now I'm back to half a pack or more plus hitting the dispensary more frequently, lol.

Were the books being pre-screened as well? My last Walkthru press job took 4.5 weeks because of the prescreening.

Just now, skybolt said:

Were the books being pre-screened as well? My last Walkthru press job took 4.5 weeks because of the prescreening.

No prescreen this time.  I cleaned them and inspected them myself for resto or missing coupons, etc.  Just needed some press help.  They are going to be photographed, post-grading.