• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,979 posts in this topic

On 12/8/2020 at 12:45 PM, skybolt said:

I contacted CGC about my modern quick press submission that was received on 8/18. They noted the books have been pressed and are in the process of being transferred to CGC.

Three days later and these books still haven't been marked as received by CGC. Of course the turnaround times for quick press went up to business 72 days (mine are at 78 now) . I don't think I've ever went this long without any updates on my various submissions. :(

4 hours ago, skybolt said:

Three days later and these books still haven't been marked as received by CGC. Of course the turnaround times for quick press went up to business 72 days (mine are at 78 now) . I don't think I've ever went this long without any updates on my various submissions. :(

My books have usually take 5+ business days to go from CCS to CGC - might even be slower these days :sorry:

7 hours ago, skybolt said:

Final went into Scheduled for Grading today.

7 hours ago, Ninja0215 said:

I didn't even get to grading yet...sigh 😥

It may be, as CGC used to note, if I recall correctly, on its CGC Services & Fees web page that your submission will rapidly move from one status to another although it lingers at one for some time. Granted, I have not noted if this is still the case, especially since I am not currently able to find that statement on the CGC site.

11 minutes ago, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

It may be, as CGC used to note, if I recall correctly, on its CGC Services & Fees web page that your submission will rapidly move from one status to another although it lingers at one for some time. Granted, I have not noted if this is still the case, especially since I am not currently able to find that statement on the CGC site.

It very well may. I guess I expected to see it on my dashboard. I understand that of you submitted for the big singing even that the turn around time was approximately six weeks, which fits the timeline. On the other hand i suppose that I'm spoiled and was looking for it to update as scheduled for grading  patience is a vitue so I'm just going to sucknit up and wait. The suspense however is ramping up since this is the first I have used CGC services. 👍 ty for your reply

2 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

It very well may. I guess I expected to see it on my dashboard. I understand that of you submitted for the big singing even that the turn around time was approximately six weeks, which fits the timeline. On the other hand i suppose that I'm spoiled and was looking for it to update as scheduled for grading  patience is a vitue so I'm just going to sucknit up and wait. The suspense however is ramping up since this is the first I have used CGC services. 👍 ty for your reply

You are very welcome and, hopefully, your submission will, in fact, rapidly move through the process, perhaps skipping some status updates, and be Finalized / Image / Shipped before long.

Fingers crossed lol thanks brother! According to Rebecca it was signed , pressed and on its way to grading . My dashboard still. Days received so I hope it's already there and then just moves to labels and then shipping. Thank you again!

I have a Modern Pressing Submission out there sincerely 9/1 and we’re approaching the end of the TAT. 

Anyone else have a press from around that time as well? Trying to figure out how long until it’s good going to get re-entered into the system for grading. 

Should I be concerned this submission went to Scheduled for Grading? It had CCS Quickpress service, which was billed appropriately shortly after receipt. 11/13 was the original received date so is it possible it skipped CCS completely even though I was charged?

20201214_102848.jpg

1 minute ago, lotofsilver said:

Should I be concerned this submission went to Scheduled for Grading? It had CCS Quickpress service, which was billed appropriately shortly after receipt. 11/13 was the original received date so is it possible it skipped CCS completely even though I was charged?

20201214_102848.jpg

It never hurts to call and check things like this. It’s also one of those situations where it’s much better if it gets fixed ASAP if there was an error. 

23 minutes ago, Noah Koessel said:

I have a Modern Pressing Submission out there sincerely 9/1 and we’re approaching the end of the TAT. 

Anyone else have a press from around that time as well? Trying to figure out how long until it’s good going to get re-entered into the system for grading. 

9/4 here for me, 24 pressed, 2 Modern Magazines 22 Modern, still says receiving.

I did get charged for the pressing just 3 days ago though, have you? If not check your email invoice/bank account. 

9 minutes ago, lotofsilver said:

20201214_102848.jpg

So follow up, called CGC to confirm and I smell disaster brewing. Told me these had already been pressed. I'm VERY skeptical that these were pressed in 30 calendar days. I've also done enough of these to know there is always a new received date when they pass from CCS to CGC which never happened. Guess I'll wait and see what happens next :popcorn: