• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,953 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Drummeraa said:

Should I be freaking?  I feel like freaking out.

Submitted 3 books for CCS Pressing and then CGC Grading: Hulk 181, GSX-Men 1, ASM 238 (Tattooz intact).  Yes, these are a few of my grails.  Yes, this adds anxiety.

Received on 11/5.  Paid CCS on 11/6.

These are EXPRESS tier.  At the time it was a 10 day TAT at CCS.  They haven't moved at all.  I've called a couple of times over the last few weeks and they've assured me that next week, they would move to CGC and that they website should say 15 days TAT for CCS pressing.  They haven't.  Even considering the Thanksgiving break, we are getting closer to 30 business days.

I just need to commiserate to someone.  Any advice?  I had dropped to smoking 5 cigs a day before this, now I'm back to half a pack or more plus hitting the dispensary more frequently, lol.

No need to freak out. They're probably just taking their time with pressing and handling your high value books, which is a good thing. (thumbsu

Oh dang! Forgot to list recent completed. Unfortunately, they were from the big in-house signing event so TATs aren't especially relevant, but maybe helps those waiting on their signings. 
3x In-House signing, Peter David (no addl services)

Delivered: 10/12
Rcvd: 10/13
Charged: 10/14
SFG: 11/18
Grading/QC: 12/8
F/I/S: 12/10

Edited by Jaywalker0

11 hours ago, Drummeraa said:

Should I be freaking?  I feel like freaking out.

Submitted 3 books for CCS Pressing and then CGC Grading: Hulk 181, GSX-Men 1, ASM 238 (Tattooz intact).  Yes, these are a few of my grails.  Yes, this adds anxiety.

Received on 11/5.  Paid CCS on 11/6.

These are EXPRESS tier.  At the time it was a 10 day TAT at CCS.  They haven't moved at all.  I've called a couple of times over the last few weeks and they've assured me that next week, they would move to CGC and that they website should say 15 days TAT for CCS pressing.  They haven't.  Even considering the Thanksgiving break, we are getting closer to 30 business days.

I just need to commiserate to someone.  Any advice?  I had dropped to smoking 5 cigs a day before this, now I'm back to half a pack or more plus hitting the dispensary more frequently, lol.

Covid craziness + the holiday season = major slow down with everything.  Best advice I can give you = enjoy that dispensary

16 hours ago, musicmeta said:

A tiny step forward for "Value" Tier...My 9/1 received Value tier is still in SFG..CGC serving dual purpose..grading and long term storage. lol

My value tier was received 9/2 - still at SFG as well :p

13 hours ago, Monastero Collection said:

Covid craziness + the holiday season = major slow down with everything.  Best advice I can give you = enjoy that dispensary

Not to mention mail delivery issues. These days it takes over 3 weeks from the time you ship your books to when they are received by CGC.

1 hour ago, Phill the Governor said:

Plan to keep waiting. My value tier received on 8/19 still SFG.

Well, that helps in lowering my expectations on when my books will be graded and shipped since your SFG is almost two weeks ahead of mine.  There is no need for me to check until like the middle of January then.