• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,979 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Comics563 said:

How long does it typically take for them to mark them as being received? I’ve been waiting 3 weeks and it’s pretty stressful 

it’s my first submission 

It's typically 2-10 business days, with the latter being the norm these days. However, 3 weeks does seem a bit long. Did you check when CGC actually picked up the books vs. them arriving at the USPS office?

5 hours ago, unmovedmover said:

Received by CGC 9/14 and sent to CCS

Still with CCS (one day 64 of 74 tat).   84 day turnaround starts after they get back to CGC.  Probably looking at 8-9 month total turnaround. 

I had two comics (I did this thru my comic store) sent around that time and I opted to get them pressed by CCS. I wish I hadn't, I wish I had known it would take that long. 8-9 month turnaround for the price paid is insane =/

Anyone have much experience sending submissions from the UK recently? I did my first batch through an approved dealer and the turnaround time for a straightforward value tier was amazing. I could never work out if the London office have actually started doing grading from within or if they still send it to the US and back. 

2 minutes ago, ChrispyC66 said:

You really should call or email CGC. They can at least tell you what’s going on with the order (shrug)

I have already tried 3 times now over the last several months. I took a screenshot of the value TAT back in August when I submitted and it stated 25 days. Since then it's been extended to over 45-50, then 70, and now 84 or whatever it is. Every time I email asking for some sort of recourse for the inconvenience, and each time I am told is that "TATs are always approximate, and not guaranteed". Which is fine except there's a difference for extended TATs once my order has been received vs. one being sent in now, right?

That's a rhetorical question. The answer, apparently, is there is no difference.