• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, skybolt said:

My 11/12 submission is still in SFG. I contacted CGC on Friday and they said the books were being encapsulated.

It's interesting how some submissions go from SFG to shipped in a matter of hours, while others sit in encapsulation hell for much longer. :(

Edit: Just went into grading.

Edited by skybolt

19 hours ago, lotofsilver said:

Starting to check these obsessively, will be interested to see which one completes first. 

Screenshot_20201221-153934_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201221-153853_Chrome.jpg

when did your prescreeen 11/13 move to scheduled for grading

i have a prescreen modern 11/14 sitting at received as of today

27 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

when did your prescreeen 11/13 move to scheduled for grading

i have a prescreen modern 11/14 sitting at received as of today

That one moved to SFG almost immediately, within 1 or 2 days of being marked received. All my later submissions are still marked received. 

Any guesses on how long a Modern, non-fast track, bunch will take to go from SFG to G/QC? Flipped back from CCS (after 10 extra business days than as shown) on 12/12 (a Saturday?!?). Will it be the 27 business days shown or more? Impatiently we all wait. 

Edited by ReporterSixx

48 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I hate calling. 
same excuses 

yet this thread clearly shows that it’s not first in first out 

I believe they removed that from their grading info a few years ago. If they still say that somewhere, I wasn’t able to find it.

If it’s not FIFO, it would be nice to know how they prioritize grading of subs in the same tier.

5 hours ago, electricprune said:

I believe they removed that from their grading info a few years ago. If they still say that somewhere, I wasn’t able to find it.

If it’s not FIFO, it would be nice to know how they prioritize grading of subs in the same tier.

Me first

Then others

9 hours ago, electricprune said:

I’ve accepted that fact, and I’m ok with it. But this is a Value sub and you specialize in Moderns and Walk-Throughs.

CS Membership tier level? 🤔

image.thumb.png.0390e918f58f9360089c58b3423cc300.png

These books were previously pressed by CCS.

Was hoping for 6 - 9.8's and 4 - 9.6's, but was pleasantly surprised with 8 - 9.8's and 2 - 9.6's.

Based on my recent experiences with grading (good and bad), it appears I do a better job when sending CGC 2 batches at the same time (one normal and one press submission). Whenever I take this approach, if I see the slightest dent in a book, I'll throw it in with the books to be pressed. In contrast, if I'm just sending one regular submission (without pressing), I subconsciously give certain books the benefit of the doubt, and get burned later.

Anybody else get theirs pressed and still waiting on updates? I have a modern submission of 25 comics all pressed from 9/4, even accounting for Holidays its right at 75 days now. I dont want to bother calling from what others say the response will be, just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? 

5 minutes ago, colossus127 said:

Anybody else get theirs pressed and still waiting on updates? I have a modern submission of 25 comics all pressed from 9/4, even accounting for Holidays its right at 75 days now. I dont want to bother calling from what others say the response will be, just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? 

Is it quick or regular press. I noticed that CCS increased the turnaround time for regular moderns to 80 business days. My last batch of quick press books took 79 business days to complete.