• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, skybolt said:

Is it quick or regular press. I noticed that CCS increased the turnaround time for regular moderns to 80 business days. My last batch of quick press books took 79 business days to complete.

Regular press.

Haha wow, seriously!? Your right it is 80 days now, Ive been checking this things everyday for 3 months and right when my comics hit 75 days, they change it to 80......this is starting to get ridiculous man. 

8 minutes ago, colossus127 said:

Regular press.

Haha wow, seriously!? Your right it is 80 days now, Ive been checking this things everyday for 3 months and right when my comics hit 75 days, they change it to 80......this is starting to get ridiculous man. 

The same thing happened to me with the quick press option. When I submitted the books, the turnaround time was 42 business days. Every time I caught up it would go up by another 5 business days. This happened for 6 straight weeks. :( 

Just now, skybolt said:

The same thing happened to me with the quick press option. When I submitted the books, the turnaround time was 42 business days. Every time I caught up it would go up by another 5 business days. This happened for 6 straight weeks. :( 

Likewise...

32 minutes ago, skybolt said:

Same here, the turnaround times when I sent mine in were 45 days. At this point I just want my freaking comics back man. If I would have known this would have happened, I would have obviously never done it. I know they have us over a barrel here too so there is nothing I can do. But I can for sure tell you I probably wont ever be using CGC again unless they get these turn around times under control. 

2 minutes ago, colossus127 said:

Same here, the turnaround times when I sent mine in were 45 days. At this point I just want my freaking comics back man. If I would have known this would have happened, I would have obviously never done it. I know they have us over a barrel here too so there is nothing I can do. But I can for sure tell you I probably wont ever be using CGC again unless they get these turn around times under control. 

I tend to do better if doing a press submission when the turnaround times are long.  It seems that once books hit the 80 day turnaround time, less people start submitting, which results in books getting pressed in 45-50 days in a couple of months. Waiting until turnaround times go down to 40-45 days is when everyone and their grandmother starts sending in their books to be pressed.

22 hours ago, electricprune said:

I believe they removed that from their grading info a few years ago. If they still say that somewhere, I wasn’t able to find it.

If it’s not FIFO, it would be nice to know how they prioritize grading of subs in the same tier.

My personal opinion is, submission tier probably plays a role (as others opined), especially considering they opened free tier to direct sub with Cons shutdown.

I personally think too, that they put your books in the pipeline, like a cash register queue and it just depends on the grader's speed in whose queue you're in. 

21 minutes ago, DJones said:

I wonder what would have to motivate cgc to consider adding a night shift to accommodate the business they take in?  Have they not raked in enough money to reach that point? Discuss...

giphy (19).gif

Because yawning doesn't go well with grading. :foryou:

Modern (50 Books)
Delivered 11/02/20
Received 11/13/20
Scheduled for Grading 12/10/20
Graded 12/17/20
Shipped 12/21/20

Modern Signature Series (20 Books)
Received 11/12/20
Scheduled for Grading 12/11/20
Graded 12/14/20