• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,953 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

when did they arrive at CGC?

I have an order arrived at CGC on 12/19 and still hasn't shown up in their system

That I am not 100%  certain as that batch I sent to @joeypost at CFP who always delivers them to CGC.

6 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

who's leg do i have to hump to get CGC to do some work

Also pretty sure joey would not want you humping his leg. 

6 hours ago, Battletoads82 said:

If you find out let me know too, I aint above sloppy seconds.

Really sure he wouldn't want a sloppy second leg humping.

1 hour ago, Noah Koessel said:

My 9/1 Received that was Pressed by CSS went to CGC and is listed as Received 12/30 today. 

Just a little bit over the turnaround times, but close enough. Hopefully other's pressings are finishing up as well. 

Thank you for this, I have a 9/4 order received being pressed as well, its at 80 days now so lets hope so! 

Modern (50 Books)
Delivered 11/12/20
Received 11/20/20
Scheduled for Grading 12/23/20
Graded 12/29/20
Shipped 12/30/20 (oddly, books are marked shipped, but grades are not available)

Modern (50 Books)
Delivered 11/24/20
Received 12/07/20

Modern (50 Books)
Delivered 12/20/20
Received 12/29/20

Edited by lonetree

20 hours ago, lonetree said:

Modern (50 Books)
Delivered 11/12/20
Received 11/20/20
Graded 12/29/20
Shipped 12/30/20 (oddly, books are marked shipped, but grades are not available)

Modern (50 Books)
Delivered 11/24/20
Received 12/07/20

Modern (50 Books)
Delivered 12/20/20
Received 12/29/20

Grades posted - very very happy

Expected
(33) 9.8s
(9) 9.6s
(7) 9.4s
(1) 8.5

Received
(4) 9.9s Lady Death Books
(37) 9.8s
(7) 9.6s
(1) 9.4
(1) 8.5 Batman The Killing Joke 1st Print

21 hours ago, lonetree said:

Modern (50 Books)
Delivered 11/12/20
Received 11/20/20
Graded 12/29/20

Bummer, my 11 moderns were also received 11/20 but still scheduled for grading. I don't remember the exact date mine were scheduled for grading but I think it was even a little before your date. Were you fast pass?

10 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

Yo guys, i know this completely off topic but can i add two different tiers to the same invoice?? or do i need separate ones? 

TY!!

I recently did a submission with 129 Modern and 1 Economy, no problems.

11 hours ago, Ninja0215 said:

Yo guys, i know this completely off topic but can i add two different tiers to the same invoice?? or do i need separate ones? 

TY!!

I have, but only once. 1x Economy/4x modern. Once recvd, they broke into two different submissions - and am pretty sure they were going to separate as 2 different shipping fees + handling fees. But I didnt specify to ship together and it got further confused because I asked cust svc to redirect the 1x Economy to a signing event with another batch I sent just for that and they included it all together as a single order.  

So short answer, YES but expect them to split apart and charge you 2x handling fees + shipping fees like separate orders. For better clarification, direct Q to customer service. Ask in AM Monday, should get a same day reply.

2 hours ago, Ninja0215 said:

Ty so much!! Im not sure it's worth it based on your experience so I'm just gonna do one tier at a time. I have so many books I would love to send and not enough dough to do it lol.

I feel that. "Which 5 of these 20 do send this month?!?!" LOL.   

FWIW, if you have something that field market value would place at Economy but could also submit as a Modern, go ahead and sub as a modern. If CGC says too valuable, they'll contact you and say pay more (pleasant surprise). Obviously, cant sneak a mid grade Hulk 181 through at basic modern tier but a lot will go through. Also I talked to someone in a different forum about a silver age Walkthru - because I wanted to know how CGC did the FMV % cost - and from what they reported it was very fair. So for all the pricing & tiers, I really dont think they are going out of way to nickel & dime you.   

With TATs way they are, I think it would cost more to nickel & dime than run it through the process as is, LOL

I was hoping to do a few moderns but I have some low grade books I want to shine up with a press.  I'll have to take care of those modern books another time . Looking at my 4.0 amazing spider-man 46 and 3.0 avengers 43.....I might be able to get away with those lol

Man it'll sound complainy lol 

I am patiently awaiting signings, it's a wait...... still have to twiddle my thumbs to see and hope

...... :) 

it'll happen, still I may wait and wait some more!

Hey bros, anyone know if CGC accepts books shipped in comic skins?? They're self stabbing kits . I have 2 books that I want to send that are in them and I don't want to take them out if I can help it....thanks guys! 

6 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

Hey bros, anyone know if CGC accepts books shipped in comic skins?? They're self stabbing kits . I have 2 books that I want to send that are in them and I don't want to take them out if I can help it....thanks guys! 

@Buzzetta @greggy