• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,858 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2021 at 10:44 AM, sagekilz said:

Update: received by CGC (Sarasota) 12/30/2020 - 'My Submission' page still showing 'not received'.  Not suggesting it's taking too long, just the facts. :)  

Submission page still showing 'not received'.  Again, just the facts, no complaints.

9 minutes ago, lotofsilver said:

None of those from 11/24 were pressed.

Well mess! lol thanks man i appreciate it. I'm sending three book soon and i wanted to know turn around times with pressing. Im moving at the end of April so i wanted them to go to my new address. I'm just gonna print out a new invoice with the correct return shipping. ty again 

This is my CCS quickpress that originally skipped pressing where I had to call and put it back on the right track. They said they would get them pressed asap but still seems quick, might be in the running for quickest press/ grade ever considering my pre-screen received the same day still hasn't moved. 

Screenshot_20210107-105815_Google.jpg

I’m new and just sent my first book for grading. I’m patient so not stressed for time, I’m just curious what you CGC vets would estimate the time it would take to be returned.

I sent a magazine walkthrough (had to due to value) for screening/pressing and grading. CGC to their credit entered as received on 12/15 same day as tracking delivered but it hasn’t moved in status since. According to the estimates a screening should take 15 business days for magazine walkthru plus the regular time which at this tier is same day right? And then if pressed it should add 10 days. And then the grading should be same day and then sent back if I’m not mistaken? So is mid January pretty accurate for them to return or should I brace for like mid March or something?

I don’t mind CGC having my book and I appreciate that they marked it as received so quickly. I made the poor life decision of sending it in via USPS at the end of November and it got stuck with no tracking updates for 2 weeks at some distribution center. I’m just glad it’s out of the hands of USPS.

I have an order from 9/4 that was 22 Modern and 2 Modern Magazines, all pressed by CCS. It finally went to Scheduled for Grading today, the 22 Moderns did, the 2 Modern Magazines seem to be a day behind, marked as received 1/6 from CCS, so they are probably are their way to grading soon as well.

Scratch that, its the REVERSE! The 2 Modern Magazines are now marked Scheduled for Grading, the 22 Moderns seems to be the one a day behind. 

Edited by colossus127

16 hours ago, ectocooler said:

I’m new and just sent my first book for grading. I’m patient so not stressed for time, I’m just curious what you CGC vets would estimate the time it would take to be returned.

I sent a magazine walkthrough (had to due to value) for screening/pressing and grading. CGC to their credit entered as received on 12/15 same day as tracking delivered but it hasn’t moved in status since. According to the estimates a screening should take 15 business days for magazine walkthru plus the regular time which at this tier is same day right? And then if pressed it should add 10 days. And then the grading should be same day and then sent back if I’m not mistaken? So is mid January pretty accurate for them to return or should I brace for like mid March or something?

I don’t mind CGC having my book and I appreciate that they marked it as received so quickly. I made the poor life decision of sending it in via USPS at the end of November and it got stuck with no tracking updates for 2 weeks at some distribution center. I’m just glad it’s out of the hands of USPS.

The USPS being overwhelmed with packages, etc., is why I did not send a submission to CGC in December 2020. I will send one the week of January 18, 2021, hoping that its arrival at CGC will not be indefinitely delayed.

On 1/7/2021 at 10:12 AM, jsilverjanet said:

modern prescreen

11/14 received

1/7 scheduled for grading

2099 end of the world

2105 age of aquarius

2208 comics shipped

At that point the CGC cases will be worth more than the books inside, since they can at least serve as dinner trays.