• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

On 1/6/2021 at 5:54 PM, Ninja0215 said:

We're any of your books pressed?? Thanks, just curious. 

I press them myself before sending unless I don't think I need to.  But I didn't use CCS.

On 1/6/2021 at 5:37 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hey now that it's on it's way! Have the butterfly's and anticipation to receive it with Joy! These tat are :insane:

Ya I opened the box last night. Looked at a whole 2 books!  It takes me a week and a half to go through a submission and look at the grades.  I'm weird like that. 

3 minutes ago, cd4ever said:

Ya I opened the box last night. Looked at a whole 2 books!  It takes me a week and a half to go through a submission and look at the grades.  I'm weird like that. 

Amen. It's tough, i haven't done too many signings in general but it's worth it so far due to just blessings of good fortune so far :eek::whatthe: it's a tough one. Out of Sight and out of Mind is still fairly new to me. Yet the waiting omg the waiting with anticipation is going to get the better of me in the long run.

I'm just adding ....

signings received in November since I sent them in early.... and then awaiting the signing it is enough to watch paint dry and need a new coat lol AND I'm not nearly as funny as I think I am but

the waiting is fricking hilarious lol 

7 minutes ago, cd4ever said:

2 books! that is still :x some love on the greater patience not to spoil the ending ha. Now I'm wondering what they were? :taptaptap: glad you had your fun!

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm just adding ....

signings received in November since I sent them in early.... and then awaiting the signing it is enough to watch paint dry and need a new coat lol AND I'm not nearly as funny as I think I am but

the waiting is fricking hilarious lol 

2 books! that is still :x some love on the greater patience not to spoil the ending ha. Now I'm wondering what they were? :taptaptap: glad you had your fun!

Lol First book I pulled out of the box was a Sandman 19 Error Edition that was a 9.8. 

Second was a Batman 283 that came back 9.0.  I was a bit disappointed in that one.    23 more to go! 

13 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yet the waiting omg the waiting with anticipation is going to get the better of me in the long run.

It used to get to me much more than it does now. I used to genuinely get upset waiting. Seems so ridiculous now lol. The more you submit the less anxious you will feel.

Just now, cd4ever said:

Lol First book I pulled out of the box was a Sandman 19 Error Edition that was a 9.8. 

Second was a Batman 283 that came back 9.0.  I was a bit disappointed in that one.    23 more to go! 

sounds pretty good! glad you got a satisfying teaser with the 2 and on to 23! ............. Jim Carrey couldn't have done it better! 

giphy.gif this vicariously living is the 3 pointer while we are all waiting....

2 minutes ago, SonOfWolF said:

It used to get to me much more than it does now. I used to genuinely get upset waiting. Seems so ridiculous now lol. The more you submit the less anxious you will feel.

Believe it or not, I am getting "better" at it. But every now and then I force myself to think about it (lest I forget) and it hits me like a ton of bricks :tonofbricks: 

lol My parents used to make fun and say one liners: It hurts when I do this, then stop doing it! lol it was their way of teaching me to cry uncle ha. The waiting is still in the back of my mind, and then reality, wham!

3 minutes ago, ChrispyC66 said:

Shipped 1/13

What were the errors mechanically?

I've heard issues of the inner well sliding but wasn't sure if I should be worried per se...

It's tough, mine tap to be centered but don't move on their own so I don't worry is what I guess I'm saying 😂

Still are they doing them free? Was it customer service that facilitated?

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

What were the errors mechanically?

I've heard issues of the inner well sliding but wasn't sure if I should be worried per se...

It's tough, mine tap to be centered but don't move on their own so I don't worry is what I guess I'm saying 😂

Still are they doing them free? Was it customer service that facilitated?

1. Two books - one had three different scratches/scuffs >2” on the inside front of the slab. The other book was mislabeled. Their mistake since I listed the correct version when ordering.
  2. Yes they paid for freight x2 and the reholders.
  3. Yes. CS handled it all. They’ve been great at responding to emails and calls. I treat them like humans with real feelings that sometimes have hard days and a tough job to do. :angel:

As for your inner well question, I have noticed that most of my BA and CA slabs did have some vertical “play” to the books in my latest order from December. No damage to the books. Maybe to reduce the “rings” effect.

9 minutes ago, ChrispyC66 said:
  1. Two books - one had three different scratches/scuffs >2” on the inside front of the slab. The other book was mislabeled. Their mistake since I listed the correct version when ordering.
  2. Yes they paid for freight x2 and the reholders.
  3. Yes. CS handled it all. They’ve been great at responding to emails and calls. I treat them like humans with real feelings that sometimes have hard days and a tough job to do. :angel:

As for your inner well question, I have noticed that most of my BA and CA slabs did have some vertical “play” to the books in my latest order from December. No damage to the books. Maybe to reduce the “rings” effect.

Thanks! Good on customer service for handling it still :) it's not always there is a problem but still making good on it, is a luxury that is not always promised. Glad that it doesn't always have to be earned either, and that CGC is willing to handle case by case. Sigh of relief for sure!

This is my first submission with CGC and it's for a Mechanical Error/Reholder for an incorrect label on a comic I recently purchased. It's been a very smooth process so far and I was expecting a different response since I'm not the original owner and mentioned this when I first emailed customer service:

Shipped 12/29

Shipment Received 12/30

Listed as Received by CGC and confirmation email on 1/4

Grading Quality Control 1/12

Shipping notification from CGC 1/13

Expected Delivery Date 1/14

Next day air paid by CGC both ways to correct the error although I wouldn't have cared if they shipped priority mail instead. Only effort by me was a small amount of time. I'm happy with the service so far, hopefully the comic looks the same in the new case and has the correct label info. I'll update this once received. 

On 1/12/2021 at 12:18 PM, etanick said:

Grading / Quality Control today 1/12/21

finally...lets see how long until they are shipped

1/14 SHIPPED

Edited by etanick
shipping date was wrong and techniqually it is still not "shipped" yet as UPS hasn't pick up the box