• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

Anyone have any Fast track modern books received on or around 12/18

I have a submission that is still in the received status and I've been getting conflicting stories from CGC this past week. Telling me its in the grading room then not in the grading room. Was told on Friday that it would be rushed and now I'm told its just in line to be in the grading room and ***might***be done by the end of the week.

Just want to see if people that have fast tracks received around that time are in the same boat as me.

On 1/15/2021 at 7:57 PM, Jkelly said:

Out of curiosity - was it received again today as in quick pressing at CCS was completed and it went back to CGC today, or has it not even gone through CCS at all? I ask because I am a few weeks behind your receive date and I've been hoping to see a status update that it went through the quick press but to no avail. 

Still shown in received status. No movement at all.

For those who haven't seen it, this is CGC posted InHouse signings schedule that will further bump our regular subs back. Note, these are artist appearance dates, not deadlines:

January 18 - Mark Brooks
January 19 - Graham Nolan & Chuck Dixon
January 21-22 - Arthur Suydam
January 22 - Renee Witterstaetter
February 8-10 - Ryan Stegman & Donny Cates
February 11 - Jason David Frank
February 18-19 - Joe Rubinstein
February 22-23 - Chris Claremont 
March 4-5 - Kevin Eastman & Ben Bishop

20 minutes ago, Jaywalker0 said:

For those who haven't seen it, this is CGC posted InHouse signings schedule that will further bump our regular subs back. Note, these are artist appearance dates, not deadlines:

January 18 - Mark Brooks
January 19 - Graham Nolan & Chuck Dixon
January 21-22 - Arthur Suydam
January 22 - Renee Witterstaetter
February 8-10 - Ryan Stegman & Donny Cates
February 11 - Jason David Frank
February 18-19 - Joe Rubinstein
February 22-23 - Chris Claremont 
March 4-5 - Kevin Eastman & Ben Bishop

eastman is in february if I'm not mistaken

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/events/

On 1/16/2021 at 10:24 AM, f_hopp said:

If I read this right your Moderns were Received on 9/4 and are finally going to ship for grading on 1/18? Did your Moderns go for a quick press or full pressing?

My Moderns were received on 9/16 (quick press) and have yet to ship to grading.

Full press and yes, they did just finally ship on 1/18. And my Modern Magazines are still on SFG. 

6 minutes ago, colossus127 said:

Full press and yes, they did just finally ship on 1/18. And my Modern Magazines are still on SFG. 

Mags I saw are something crazy on estimated tat, like 100 business days yikes

1 hour ago, colossus127 said:

I think that puts you well over 90 work days (I'm currently at 89) but they don't specify what their down days are. Based on your time frame my moderns, being received 9/16 and going for a Quick Press (8 fewer work days), should go to grading soon. As of 1/19 still marked Received. Of course CGC makes no guarantees about turn around time so you just gotta wait.

23 minutes ago, Nic8612 said:

I wonder what their bottleneck is?

They would get really messed up behind taking subs direct from Cons, but I feel like they were once a month hiccups. Now to make up for no cons, the InHouse Signings provide convenience, but are like a weekly speed bump that keep negatively affecting TATs.

7 minutes ago, Jaywalker0 said:

They would get really messed up behind taking subs direct from Cons, but I feel like they were once a month hiccups. Now to make up for no cons, the InHouse Signings provide convenience, but are like a weekly speed bump that keep negatively affecting TATs.

Yea but I mean is it a lack of graders, lack of capacity in the encapsulation process, lack of materials of encapsulation, etc etc

I have an order still sitting at "Received" since 10/31, Value tier and no pressing