• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, hermster said:

Modern - sloow boat

11/23 - Delivered 

12/4 - Recieved 

1/8 - SFG

1/18 - QC

1/20 - F/I/S

This confirms what I have been thinking about all day, ugh....well friends, buckle up it's gonna be a bumpy ride. 

Say, nobody has 3.50 on them do they? 

:banana:

22 hours ago, skybolt said:

Has anyone had any issues with cracked cases when shipped back from CGC? I used to get them all the time 10-15 years ago, but CGC has done a great job with secured packing lately. Unfortunately, in my last batch of 15 books, one of the cases was cracked at the bottom, but not damaging the inner well. It was surprising since the rest of the books were fine and there were was no noticeable damage on the outside package.

I had the same issue with one comic book/slab as part of a 25 MSL comic book submission that CGC shipped to me on October 29, 2020. The slab, which was located fourth from the front (the front being the direction in which the front covers faced) was fully shattered along the bottom and approximately 1.5 inches from the bottom on the front of the case, with two pieces of plastic at the bottom of the bag.

Thankfully, the comic book was not damaged and I returned it to CGC for ReHoldering as a Mechanical Error. CGC shipped it to me on December 14, 2020, and I received it on December 24.

my next batch is a modern fast track

12/23 received

has been in SFG for a while but according to the newest Turnaround time of 17 days, it should be done this week...not holding my breath for that.

1 hour ago, Ninja0215 said:

Did everyone and their uncles decide to send books to CGC at the same time ?? That stimulus hit at a bad time lol :roflmao:

Okay i see a lot of new people sending books in, so i will give a heads up. CGC receives a HUGE amount of books daily, so they usually wait a few days to pick up the mail from the post office. This may mean that they will get in 3 or 4 pallets of boxes, add in the limited space of a walk in vault, this could add to the delay of your books getting into received. If you add in current events, it may take a while for your books to show as RECEIVED, but they will get there. 

One other thing I've noticed with respect to turnaround times is that pressed books received by CGC after pressing tend to be graded a week before regular submissions noted as received. My assumption is that it takes about a week for books to transfer from CCS to CGC and get entered into the system. CGC will factor that into their grading turnaround times.

53 minutes ago, Deuceboi said:

no its the signing schedule that slows everything up

I figured that was the case. When I sent my first sub in September it went right to recieved because it was for an in house event... I guess I was naive thinking this was the norm. #newbie😢

Edited by Ninja0215

1 hour ago, Ninja0215 said:

Any chance this could speed up?? rantrant

Not a chance lol 

I had a box delivered on 1/14 at 10am, still not in the system. At some point you have to expand your company or increase staff because come on,  8 days and not even checked in? On top of 80 plus days for grading?  Any other grading company would’ve gotten crucified.  80 days ain’t gonna work when your flipping books, especially working towards your grail. Might have to hold off. 

1 minute ago, Nazirite said:

Not a chance lol 

I had a box delivered on 1/14 at 10am, still not in the system. At some point you have to expand your company or increase staff because come on,  8 days and not even checked in? On top of 80 plus days for grading?  Any other grading company would’ve gotten crucified.  80 days ain’t gonna work when your flipping books, especially working towards your grail. Might have to hold off. 

Yeah I'm about at that same level of optimism lol I have had enough of good burger....IM GOING TO GREAT BURGER!!

🤣🤣🤣