• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

I have 3 moderns in for press, not recieved yet. I'll be on social security by the time they're done. 

Then your wait time will seem even longer, because you'll be sitting at home counting every minute. ;)

Well, I know why I got my books from 12/30 back so fast.

I don’t think they ever went through quality control. 

They came in today and when I looked at them, three of them had press jobs and were sealed with the cover way off center.

Then, another one of my books was backwards in the slab, which I find just absurd. 

I’m pretty pissed off by this rush job they did, and the fact that it’s Friday and they won’t be open until Monday means I’m stuck looking at their mistakes until then. 

So to anyone complaining about long waits and turnaround time, please just stop because I’d much rather have to wait longer than have them screw up like this. 

EDIT: Added a photo for anyone who is curious.

image.jpg

Edited by Noah Koessel

2 hours ago, Noah Koessel said:

Well, I know why I got my books from 12/30 back so fast.

I don’t think they ever went through quality control. 

They came in today and when I looked at them, three of them had press jobs and were sealed with the cover way off center.

Then, another one of my books was backwards in the slab, which I find just absurd. 

I’m pretty pissed off by this rush job they did, and the fact that it’s Friday and they won’t be open until Monday means I’m stuck looking at their mistakes until then. 

So to anyone complaining about long waits and turnaround time, please just stop because I’d much rather have to wait longer than have them screw up like this. 

EDIT: Added a photo for anyone who is curious.

image.jpg

So does CGC handle the back and forth shipping fees for these mechanical errors?

8 hours ago, Noah Koessel said:

If they don’t, that’s just insanely bad service, so I am pretty sure they do. 

I just gotta figure out how they will when I contact them Monday. 

They handle all the costs back and forth to fix it. But don't expect your book back for at least a month. I had a double cover that they failed to notice and notate so I had to resubmit it. The dang thing came back with broken piece of plastic in the case the second time around though. So.....yay

Their QC is going down the toilet

20210115_144103.thumb.jpg.6c23b1ccc6b6caf53e08ac896a3866da.jpg

On 1/22/2021 at 7:10 AM, Joey178 said:

2 Books show received at 9-18-20.  CCS billed me.............just the CCS.  Still show received.  Depending on what days they took off for holidays it is at least 90 working days.  No fast track.  

My 16 modern books received 9-16-20 (having having been at CCS for 4+ months for a quick press) just got acknowledged as received at CGC. If I read their board correctly I now have just two more months to wait for them to be graded. For those planning on getting your comics pressed & graded remember their posted turn-around-times mean between 7-8 months wait. OUCH!