• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,979 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Ninja0215 said:

Sig series books seem to be recieved ahead of regular subs for obvious reasons....hopefully us regular submissions more along soon. 

Yep - this is my first in-house signing. Thinking it might be interesting to post here in case anyone else is curious how the TATs worked through the entire process. I have a 25 book modern sub on the way so once that shows up I'll add it in too. :smile:

3 minutes ago, Rhymenoceros said:

Yep - this is my first in-house signing. Thinking it might be interesting to post here in case anyone else is curious how the TATs worked through the entire process. I have a 25 book modern sub on the way so once that shows up I'll add it in too. :smile:

I'm already thinking about another just stay ahead hahahaha 

On 1/25/2021 at 1:03 PM, IceHole said:

This 12/5 slow modern went to Quality Control after 6pm Friday night...the 22nd.

Modern Slow

delivered 11/23

marked received 12/5

SFG 1/15

Finalized 1/27

Are you guys and gals getting your "Grader Notes".  This order was meticulously picked apart and even my 9.6's were left with notes.

38 minutes ago, IceHole said:

Modern Slow

delivered 11/23

marked received 12/5

SFG 1/15

Finalized 1/27

Are you guys and gals getting your "Grader Notes".  This order was meticulously picked apart and even my 9.6's were left with notes.

I'll usually receive grader notes for books graded 9.2 and lower. About 75% of the time for 9.4 graded books and probably 30-40% of the time for 9.6 ones.

On a side note, I'm a little perplexed with CGC's grading recently. For example, over the past 5 months I've had 7 modern submissions graded, totaling around 100 books. The first 3 (September) and last 2 (December & January) submissions, my grading was pretty spot on (over 90% efficiency, with several books coming back higher than expected). However, for the other 2 submissions (November) I was around 50% efficiency. The discrepancy is a bit perplexing, especially since I've tried really hard to hone my grading skills to match CGC standards. It just feels like one submission I'll get the benefit of the doubt for any semi borderline books, while the next submission every single borderline book will get downgraded.

Edited by skybolt

10 minutes ago, Nic8612 said:

I actually just sent off a stack of low grade PCH to them because of all this nonsense. Plus they were offering 15% off

With the fast press/pass the tat's are actually pretty quick compared to here. I'll more than likely send them another bunch of books because I think they grade fair and offer discounts. 👍

29 minutes ago, skybolt said:

I'll usually receive grader notes for books graded 9.2 and lower. About 75% of the time for 9.4 graded books and probably 30-40% of the time for 9.6 ones.

On a side note, I'm a little perplexed with CGC's grading recently. For example, over the past 5 months I've had 7 modern submissions graded, totaling around 100 books. The first 3 (September) and last 2 (December & January) submissions, my grading was pretty spot on (over 90% efficiency, with several books coming back higher than expected). However, for the other 2 submissions (November) I was around 50% efficiency. The discrepancy is a bit perplexing, especially since I've tried really hard to hone my grading skills to match CGC standards. It just feels like one submission I'll get the benefit of the doubt for any semi borderline books, while the next submission every single borderline book will get downgraded.

Yup.  Got back 50 books in November...all newer books btw from 2020...all grades were where I expected.  This batch today..."small scuff on cover", "light indent back cover", "small bend", and the color rubs getting picked apart.  They even found light foxing on the INSIDE cover of a book...

1 hour ago, IceHole said:

Yup.  Got back 50 books in November...all newer books btw from 2020...all grades were where I expected.  This batch today..."small scuff on cover", "light indent back cover", "small bend", and the color rubs getting picked apart.  They even found light foxing on the INSIDE cover of a book...

Yeah now that they have the press and clean service in house , they have been a LOT more picky about things that would benefit from those services.  Seeing a TON more "Light Bend" , "Light Indent" , "Fingerprint " etc.. :ohnoez: Sad part is , some of these are after people already payed for the CCS treatment. :cry:

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

6 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Yeah now that they have the press and clean service in house , they have been a LOT more picky about things that would benefit from those services.  Seeing a TON more "Light Bend" , "Light Indent" , "Fingerprint " etc.. :ohnoez: Sad part is some of these are after people are already pay for the CCS treatment. :cry:

Just a general question, but can cleaning provided as part of the pressing service, remove fingerprints? Just checking for my own info.

1 minute ago, skybolt said:

Just a general question, but can cleaning provided as part of the pressing service, remove fingerprints? Just checking for my own info.

It can. It all depends on what those fingerprints contain.  Just dirt for the most part yes. If it is say oil from food, or dye like the orange from Cheetos more than likely not.

7 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

Just the facts: still in 'Received' status since January 11th.

Yeah from what some have been posting they are roughly to the beginning of December . I have 7 modern slow still showing received on 12/22.