• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,945 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, skybolt said:

It's really a win-win situation for CGC. They won't change anything with the high turnaround times because they are banking on collectors slowing down their submissions. Once the turnaround times go down to normal, people will start sending in their books again. In the meantime, CGC will continue grading at the same pace they are now with the same staff.

I have been waiting about a month to send in a group for Value tier thinking turnaround times would decrease. They keep getting worse so I sent in today thinking it could be over 100 days by the time they log them in.  

Just now, X_Phile said:

I have been waiting about a month to send in a group for Value tier thinking turnaround times would decrease. They keep getting worse so I sent in today thinking it could be over 100 days by the time they log them in.  

I would hold off  until things catch up. I wish ineoulf have waited,  definitely didn't think it was gonna be like this.  

1 minute ago, Ninja0215 said:

I would hold off  until things catch up. I wish ineoulf have waited,  definitely didn't think it was gonna be like this.  

For value tier I'd agree. For modern I'd still send in the books because the turnaround times are like a roller coaster. Next week they could be down to 27 days again. I feel the same way about pressing. Even though Quick Press is 93 days now, I will likely still send in a couple of batches soon and hope that 3 months down the road turnaround times are back to 60 days or so. Last time I waited until the turnaround times went down to 40 days and wound playing catchup for 2 months as the wait time increased by 5 days each week.

On 12/10/2020 at 1:27 PM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

The 35 comic book MSL submission marked as "Received" today, Thursday, December 10, 2020.

"Scheduled for Grading" today, January 28, 2021.

Modern 25 book Prescreen - Non Fast Track

Delivered to CGC   -   11/13

Marked as Received in system -  11/23

Schedule for grading - 1/16

Grading/Quality Control - 1/26

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped - 1/28

24 out of 25 made the prescreen cut.  And with the holidays taken out of the count it took 45 business days from marked as received. 

Edited by cbalroman

7 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

Same bro😭

Crazy that they don't get recorded and entered for so long. You would think that CGC would want to at least do that so they could collect the fees. Although if they did record on day of receipt it would probably double TAT. I mean that's great TAT is listed at 20 days, when you have actually taken possession 14 days prior which would make the TRT 34 days.  

52 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

Go figure... I send my daredevil 181 on for grand they just announced frank Miller signing....ugh!!! Lol 

Yeah that signing is going to be a TAT killer. Should be massive. 

On 1/27/2021 at 2:42 PM, sagekilz said:

For reference:

Books delivered to CGC (Sarasota) by UPS on 12/30/20

Books marked 'Received' by CGC on 1/11/2021

Considering the holiday, the time between delivered and received is minimal.  However the ongoing time between Received and SFG is 11 (+/- 1) business days and counting.

Still in received status as of this post.

Edited by sagekilz