• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

Just now, lonetree said:

In an email from CGC, Trading card submissions will not be charged until submissions enter the grading phase. 

Any chance they will treat all of their customers the same way?  Or do trading card customers get preferential service.

image.png.6244c53d0c7bd899032dbc7ad2072595.png

ZERO information to back this up, but I think this policy (or something close to it) will eventually spread to other grading services.

1 hour ago, lonetree said:

In an email from CGC, Trading card submissions will not be charged until submissions enter the grading phase. 

Any chance they will treat all of their customers the same way?  Or do trading card customers get preferential service.

image.png.6244c53d0c7bd899032dbc7ad2072595.png

1 hour ago, sagekilz said:

ZERO information to back this up, but I think this policy (or something close to it) will eventually spread to other grading services.

In some ways I kinda hope this doesn't happen to comics. 

First image waiting 30/60+ days to have your CC billed. 

Next that email also contains a price increase which was mentioned at the bottom of the screenshot you posted. 

The earlier part was just their way of justifying it, as well as the truth,  that they want a bigger cut of the profits. 

This coupled with the fact the price increases their profit margin , and could potentially slow some of the mass flood of submission , and this was the quickest way they could not only profit, but hope to catch up vs what they really need to do. Which is properly staff up to meet the demand.

1 minute ago, gregwynn said:

I have a standard delivered on the 26th... annoying that they will take as long to be received as it will take to grade them...

Nope. Much longer. As the last several who have updated.  They just started SFG on submissions from beginning of December.  My submission was marked as received 12/22  and has sat since. It takes longer to be received, marked as received, then marked as SFG than it does for the actual grading.  Much longer..  They are SO far behind right now and just this week announced TWO more in house signings.  

Currently there is NO relief in sight.  

This is the new norm.

Average 2 weeks from time delivered to marked as received. 

Over a month from marked received to SFG

Then you start their scheduled "TAT" clock.

Unless you are Greggy or EXTREMELY lucky.

4 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Nope. Much longer. As the last several who have updated.  They just started SFG on submissions from beginning of December.  My submission was marked as received 12/22  and has sat since. It takes longer to be received, marked as received, then marked as SFG than it does for the actual grading.  Much longer..  They are SO far behind right now and just this week announced TWO more in house signings.  

Currently there is NO relief in sight.  

This is the new norm.

Average 2 weeks from time delivered to marked as received. 

Over a month from marked received to SFG

Then you start their scheduled "TAT" clock.

Unless you are Greggy or EXTREMELY lucky.

Standard tier has a 13 day turnaround time....is your submission Standard?

1 minute ago, gregwynn said:

Standard tier has a 13 day turnaround time....is your submission Standard?

No modern slow. Yours will move faster once it has been marked as received.  Still even with that the TAT do not start until SFG.

18 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

No modern slow. Yours will move faster once it has been marked as received.  Still even with that the TAT do not start until SFG.

If that's true I got 50 modern prescreens graded back in November in half what the Turnaround times showed.

Sent in my first batch just before Thanksgiving. My comics were received on 12/2. They still show as "received."

At time of delivery, they said about 65 days for grading and 35 for pressing, do they mean business days or total days, and does that mean 100 combined?

Edited by Kerdese

30 minutes ago, gregwynn said:

If that's true I got 50 modern prescreens graded back in November in half what the Turnaround times showed.

One you got lucky. 

Two it was also during their rush just before the holidays and big signing event when they were trying to clear the slate as much as possible.  

During that time I too had a 25 Modern Prescreen slow that cleared fast. 

If that was the norm and not the exception it would not be an issue.

47 minutes ago, Kerdese said:

Sent in my first batch just before Thanksgiving. My comics were received on 12/2. They still show as "received."

At time of delivery, they said about 65 days for grading and 35 for pressing, do they mean business days or total days, and does that mean 100 combined?

I am by no means the expert on the subject and hopefully others will chime in, but from the way I understand it and from what I have seen with my submissions. 

Those are advertised TAT which could be longer or shorter.  Those only represent working days. They do not count holidays or weekends( although they have been known to work some of those day) the advertised TAT only matters when it hits either received or SFG( not really clear on that as I have seen it go both ways, but expect SFG is the start of that clock. 

So for example.

You sub a book and TAT are say 35 press and 65 days grading, but before it actually is marked received TAT for pressing goes up to 40. ( expect 40 on the press) during the press the TAT for grading goes up to 80 and your books just get transferred to CGC from press and you get a status update of recieved. Before it moves to SFG the TAT go up again to 90. Then your books hit SFG. Well expect 90 days. 

In this example all TAT go up. Which has been the current trend. That said there have also been times where the do a mad dash to clear the backlog and TAT go down. Which can be a wonderful surprise.  

Still always expect the longer times. Less chance of disappointment . 

As you see so often in this thread. Patience..

Hopefully they will do something to try to fix these issues. 

13 hours ago, Ninja0215 said:

Go figure... I send my daredevil 181 on for grand they just announced frank Miller signing....ugh!!! Lol 

I know I’m hating but they’re really gonna do a frank miller signing now? Your log is backed up by at least a month and your gonna invite one of the most popular artists to do a signing?