• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

mechanical error

delivered on 1/28 or close to it

marked received on 2/2

and I forgot to write "ME" for "mechanical error" on the box to opened quickly, still opened pretty quick, I'm glad it's all accounted for; sigh of relief!

I've never sent in a mechanical error before but just got one back I'd like fixed. Do I have to do anything in advance or can I just drop it in a box with another submission and a note?

2 minutes ago, lotofsilver said:

I've never sent in a mechanical error before but just got one back I'd like fixed. Do I have to do anything in advance or can I just drop it in a box with another submission and a note?

you can call and hit the number 4 for "all other reasons to call" , anyway that option got me to a customer rep that heard my story and the mislabel and told me instructions to send it in for no charge there and back. CGC sent a shipping label that got the 5 pound package there overnight. That might sound like a small thing, but I was impressed at how serious they took it.

Anyway I'd call and explain your issue to see what they can do, otherwise it would be out of pocket for you, they seemed to genuinely be apologetic for the mishap (thumbsu 

1 hour ago, Ninja0215 said:

We're in!!!!!!! For all you delivered two weeks ago people; today is our day!!! Man, now I feel bad for all the terrible things I said about here. Happy day indeed! 

Screenshot_20210202-123316_Chrome.jpg

Congrats. I am still waiting so let's see if mine shows today. 

1 hour ago, lotofsilver said:

Just curious, how long did it take from time you sent the mechanical error in until it was shipped back?

Modern Slow Track (50 Books)
Delivered 11/24/20
Received 12/07/20

Delivered 12/20/20
Received 12/29/20

Delivered 01/11/21
Received 01/23/21

Delivered 01/25/21

Modern Slow Track (25 Books)
Delivered 01/29/21

1 hour ago, Ninja0215 said:

insufficiently_thoughtful_person question of the day: When your order goes into pressing, does it show up on your dashboard? 

No. When Pressing is involved, the only movement you see is an updated "Received" date. Indicating rcvd back from CCS. Then you get to start the advertised TAT countdown for grading.

3 minutes ago, Jaywalker0 said:

No. When Pressing is involved, the only movement you see is an updated "Received" date. Indicating rcvd back from CCS. Then you get to start the advertised TAT countdown for grading.

Well lol that's what I thought but was sure...ty 

1 hour ago, Willbert said:

8 Book Submission

Modern - Fast Track

Delivered: 01/07

Received:  01/22

SFG:       01/26

G/Q:       02/02

Shipped:   02/03

8 business day turnaround for Modern FT     :banana:

11 business days to be marked received      :preach:  

Final Grades....well lets call it "user error."