• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

Just now, Gabagool said:

shocking considering there aren't any cons going on this year.

I just want to see someone with a modern slow track submission received by CGC after December 11th, have their books shipped. For instance my 12/11 was shipped back on 1/15, but turnaround times have been stuck since then.

18 minutes ago, Gabagool said:

sent 3 books out the last week of january. currently on the third week and they still haven't even got to entering in my books in the system. 2 were the JDF signing and one was a regular modern fast track. either they're very backed up or idk.....

And dont say i dont know because i know:slapfight:

4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Did you write initials on the box for signing?

I have claremont books delivered Feb 2nd that haven't been checked in, that has me forgetting if I wrote initials... :(

Getting a bit worried as deadline to have them in was last Monday

I did put the initials on mine. Reason I posted was I had no notification from CGC that the signing was delayed. The only thing I noticed was the news release was updated. Is that the only communication? Doesn't seem like much when the cost is so high on signatures and remarques.

I enjoyed your Savage Tales 1 signature reveal Adamantium. Great book

3 minutes ago, mytastebud said:

I did put the initials on mine. Reason I posted was I had no notification from CGC that the signing was delayed. The only thing I noticed was the news release was updated. Is that the only communication? Doesn't seem like much when the cost is so high on signatures and remarques.

I enjoyed your Savage Tales 1 signature reveal Adamantium. Great book

I believe cgc posted on Facebook the extended Eastman signing, they gave a reason, but I forget the specifics, something about demand and getting books in and I'm not too sure but want to say last ronin had something to do with it but not sure.

And thanks! I hope to do a video with each of my Eastman book too :)

On 1/14/2021 at 1:22 PM, thesink said:

Wow. They really don't like me.

image.thumb.png.9becbbbd57b57426046264cbd5fe8a5c.png

They still hate me. 

image.thumb.png.b6728d26237502b1dcd9e007cdb6d20a.png

Oh and I have another "Mechanical Error" that was delivered on 1/25 not even in the system yet.

but I have a new contender for my longest wait. received 9/29 Modern 

image.png

On 2/10/2021 at 8:14 AM, X_Phile said:

That is correct. I talked to them yesterday as I was concerned with an email I received saying my package would be returned. They told what you said  they have their "Post Office" the notice is an automated response from the USPS. Nothing will be returned. They did confirm they are 2 weeks behind. 

Update: The package was marked as delivered by USPS yesterday as CGC indicated it would. 

Modern Slow Track (50 Books)
Delivered 11/24/20
Received 12/07/20
Scheduled for Grading 02/12/21

Delivered 12/20/20
Received 12/29/20

Delivered 01/11/21
Received 01/23/21

Delivered 01/25/21
Received 02/08/21

Modern Slow Track (25 Books)
Delivered 01/29/21

Updated Modern Tier 2/12 - right at 2 months from receipt to ship.

8 Book - Economy with later request to add Fast Track

Received:  12/02. 

SFG:   Sent an email on 12/17 to add Fast Track and was immediately shifted to SFG

Shipped:  12/23

11 Book - Modern

Delivered: 12/02 (best guess - may have been a few days earlier)

Received:  12/14

SFG:       02/03

G/Q:       2//11

Shipped: 2/12

7 Book - Modern Magazine

Delivered: 12/02. (best guess - may have been a few days earlier)

Received:  12/14

SFG:       

G/Q:       

Shipped:

Alright folks I think I am done checking the status of my books...it appears as if we are 60 full calendar days behind any type of scheduling...whatever that translates into business days im not sure...obviously this is frustrating and unacceptable but what can you do in a monopoly..and like someone always pokes in here and says cgc is happy with their business model.  here is my most recent timestamps but i think i am going to move on to buying slabs from trusted people instead of getting the process done myself. will share results when i get these back in may

image.thumb.png.a887661c172860008f345e72be73837e.png

23 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Did you write initials on the box for signing?

I have claremont books delivered Feb 2nd that haven't been checked in, that has me forgetting if I wrote initials... :(

Getting a bit worried as deadline to have them in was last Monday

i didn't know to do so til AFTER i had sent them out. So as of yesterday, i received an email stating they have 1 book for fast track modern. so now they do have my books. im wondering what's taking the extra time for them to get my two books shown as received for the signing. i'm sure there's a method to their madness but i'd like to know what is it lol

On 2/11/2021 at 2:56 PM, skybolt said:

I just want to see someone with a modern slow track submission received by CGC after December 11th, have their books shipped. For instance my 12/11 was shipped back on 1/15, but turnaround times have been stuck since then.

FWIW, Got your wish Skybolt.  

6x Modern Slow Track - no addl services

Delivered: 12/7
Rcvd: 12/15
Charged: 12/16
SFG 2/2
Grading/QC: 2/11
F/I/S: 2/12

Right at 40 business days. But it's still hard to exclude a whole lot of weekends & holidays from the internal clock when you're refreshing every hour.