• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,858 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
38 minutes ago, Noah Koessel said:

@ADAMANTIUMmy reholder is being shipped today. Hope yours is as well! 

appreciated! I'll keep an eye out for it :) 

yes mine has shipped too! :) question though, do they keep the same cert number as when I sent them in? or do I need to update my registry?

Anyone?

These coming back were mechanical errors that just needed the label fixed :foryou: 

23 minutes ago, comixry said:

To Fast Track or To Not Fast Track? That is the question...

A non scientific question though, but has anyone experienced better or worse grades when fast tracking books compared to slow track? Since CGC has been around many years now, I'd figured someone out there has done both and maybe has some anecdotal experience. Thanks!

Although I have never used Fast Track for any submission tier I do not believe that it will get you better or lesser grades versus "Slow Tack." Obviously, receiving the grades one wants is based on being able to grade comic books and/or magazines and/or having CGC perform a pre-screen.

7 minutes ago, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Although I have never used Fast Track for any submission tier I do not believe that it will get you better or lesser grades versus "Slow Tack." Obviously, receiving the grades one wants is based on being able to grade comic books and/or magazines and/or having CGC perform a pre-screen.

Yes. I like to believe that the graders are completely clueless as to whose book it is, what service they used, how long it's been there or anything else.  All they should know is...'This book is next. I shall grade it'. 

22 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

yes mine has shipped too! :) question though, do they keep the same cert number as when I sent them in? or do I need to update my registry?

Anyone?

These coming back were mechanical errors that just needed the label fixed :foryou: 

I’ve actually been wondering the same thing myself. Since this book was part of a set of four, it’ll bug me a little if it gets a different number, but I also understand. 

24 minutes ago, cd4ever said:

Yes. I like to believe that the graders are completely clueless as to whose book it is, what service they used, how long it's been there or anything else.  All they should know is...'This book is next. I shall grade it'. 

Yes, that is what I hope for too that the graders do not know how long the books have been there. I was just concerned that if they knew it was fast tracked, then they'd maybe rush into the grading process.

Thanks all!

1 hour ago, Noah Koessel said:

I’ve actually been wondering the same thing myself. Since this book was part of a set of four, it’ll bug me a little if it gets a different number, but I also understand. 

It keeps the same number, which is what I figured, but I called to make sure...

On the other hand

Where it says finalized shipped normally that is a link to the tracking number via the shipping method chose, but for some odd reason there is no link for me, it just says finalized shipped with no link...

That's the main reason I called

On 2/15/2021 at 1:49 PM, skybolt said:

For joy for joy. I can't believe my 12/21 MSL submission is in Grading / QC now. :banana:

image.thumb.png.7c1b298a4e71d58d46c9a48a7d29b1cb.png

Books were shipped today (2/17).

Was hoping for 17 - 9.8's and 1 - 9.2, but got 11 - 9.8's, 6 - 9.6's (with no grader notes) and 1 - 8.5 (with stain). 

These days I seem to to better with pressed books. I guess I can't see those microscopic dents with my naked eye. :(

1 hour ago, DINGER033 said:

117 days (83 Working days) and counting, still not back from CCS:pullhair:

Did you get charged for CCS yet? I am in a similar boat. Mine were received a week before yours and my card was charged for CCS about a month ago at this point. To my understanding it is supposed to go to received again with an updated date for when your books get back to CGC but I am still stuck on "Received 10/15".

9 minutes ago, Asianassassincomics said:
2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Have there been any received in February, that were delivered Feb 2nd?

what day are we on in Feb that have been marked received by CGC?

I have a box that was delivered per USPS on 2/4 that hasn't been marked received by CGC either. 

I'll try to update when I find out or there is movement 

I did call today,  cgc said that they were wrapping up the week of Jan 25th then on to Feb 1st and 2nd and so on

Still hoping, cause mine were for a signature series that the deadline to have them in was Feb 8th :eek:

39 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'll try to update when I find out or there is movement 

I did call today,  cgc said that they were wrapping up the week of Jan 25th then on to Feb 1st and 2nd and so on

Still hoping, cause mine were for a signature series that the deadline to have them in was Feb 8th :eek:

My submission that was delivered 2/1 isn't marked as recieved yet either, so no worries. Good luck on your SS :wishluck: . Did you initial the box on all sides? 

Just now, Rhymenoceros said:

My submission that was delivered 2/1 isn't marked as recieved yet either, so no worries. Good luck on your SS :wishluck: . Did you initial the box on all sides? 

I thought I did, but it's going on 3 weeks not marked received so now not so sure

My in house signing book ( just one) for Humberto Ramos, I shipped priority USPS Signature Required "HM" written ALL OVER THAT BOX . I dropped off at my local Post Office on 2/10/21. It showed up in the system today. 

20210217_190745.jpg.c1da13347390a7bc963aa360ff2fb620.jpg