• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

well my mechanical errors "shipped" yesterday, but the "finalized/shipped" link on the status portion under my subs

isn't a "link" to tracking, it's just a the words finalized/shipped, with no hyper link to tracking :( 

And USPS hasn't even opened nor delivered since last week here in Dallas because of the weather.......

I sold something last Monday on ebay and haven't been able to mail it, good thing that I have 3 day handling time on my listing

Still I've messaged the buyer, with no response on how they feel, nor a response at all :( even though they paid immedieately and I haven't been able to update with tracking :( 

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

well my mechanical errors "shipped" yesterday, but the "finalized/shipped" link on the status portion under my subs

isn't a "link" to tracking, it's just a the words finalized/shipped, with no hyper link to tracking :( 

And USPS hasn't even opened nor delivered since last week here in Dallas because of the weather.......

I sold something last Monday on ebay and haven't been able to mail it, good thing that I have 3 day handling time on my listing

Still I've messaged the buyer, with no response on how they feel, nor a response at all :( even though they paid immedieately and I haven't been able to update with tracking :( 

I have seen that before when it has not yet left the facility or physically shipped. Most times it is future dated. For example I have had some marked "finalized/shipped" on a Friday, with a Monday date and the link does not become actionable until Monday.  

4 minutes ago, X_Phile said:

I have seen that before when it has not yet left the facility or physically shipped. Most times it is future dated. For example I have had some marked "finalized/shipped" on a Friday, with a Monday date and the link does not become actionable until Monday.  

It says the date of shipped is yesterday but idk

Screenshot_20210218-103723_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 minute ago, X_Phile said:

I would bet it leaves today and the link then becomes actionable. It may be a label has not been created and in the system yet. 

Well that's at least hope

Thanks!

With the local mail the way it is, I wasn't sure

2 minutes ago, Shockmaster said:

Boy, did I call it!!! The TAT'S went up today!!

i called about a modern fast track that is at 11 days still in received. he mentioned they are now 3 weeks for fast track 

:tonofbricks:

cue Greggy's emoji in 5 4 3 2...

11 minutes ago, Shockmaster said:

Boy, did I call it!!! The TAT'S went up today!!

Figures. Had books that should be done by tomorrow that have not even been scheduled for grading yet. Just keeps getting worse not better. 

4 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

1 Slow Track VALUE
Delivered: 11/2/20
CGC Received: 11/11/20
Scheduled for Grading: 2/5/21
Grading / Quality Control: 2/15/21
F/I/S: 2/18/21

:banana:

Were you at least happy with the grades after the wait? Glad they're on their way back now

23 hours ago, skybolt said:

Books were shipped today (2/17).

Was hoping for 17 - 9.8's and 1 - 9.2, but got 11 - 9.8's, 6 - 9.6's (with no grader notes) and 1 - 8.5 (with stain). 

These days I seem to to better with pressed books. I guess I can't see those microscopic dents with my naked eye. :(

If I may be intrusive, and I will be, do you use a bright light (I use an OttLite) and a magnification glass (I use one) to grade? I have always used them to grade Golden Age to Modern Age comic books as well as magazines and find them indispensable to see everything on the comic book or magazine.

4 hours ago, X_Phile said:
4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It says the date of shipped is yesterday but idk

Screenshot_20210218-103723_Samsung Internet.jpg

Expand  

I would bet it leaves today and the link then becomes actionable. It may be a label has not been created and in the system yet. 

well the hyperlink never happened lol 

BUT BUT BUT

cause there always is one

I called and they were able to give me the tracking number, it DID ship yesterday, and

evidently CGC doesn't mess around with these "Mechanical Errors" ......

When they gave me a shipping label to ship to them, it ended up over nighted

and now that they shipped it back

it was over nighted as well! :banana:

so If UPS was operational today, it would have been out for delivery

alas Texans don't have, salt for roads, shovels, warm houses, tire chain wheels and etc. so one day at a time, maybe tomorrow :wishluck: 

Just turned out as good due to the weather, without the link I wouldn't have known it was out for delivery today, may have missed it haha

So Thank God for no busted pipes, power turned off, and package deliveries....workind out

If I could just mail something I sold, I'd be all set :headbang: 

22 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Just turned out as good due to the weather, without the link I wouldn't have known it was out for delivery today, may have missed it haha

So Thank God for no busted pipes, power turned off, and package deliveries....workind out

If I could just mail something I sold, I'd be all set :headbang: 

Busted pipes? What state are you in?

35 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

it was over nighted as well! :banana:

so If UPS was operational today, it would have been out for delivery

alas Texans don't have, salt for roads, shovels, warm houses, tire chain wheels and etc. so one day at a time, maybe tomorrow :wishluck: 

1 minute ago, DINGER033 said:

Busted pipes? What state are you in?

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

But my pipes never burst, nor did my power go off, etc, and the delivery should be tomorrow 

So far so good

I know people that those happened too so warm thoughts

That's good to hear you had no issues. I live in North Dakota so I am used to the cold and snow, we just had a 10 day stretch were we didn't get above zero. Mornings we were at -22 below with - 40 below wind chill.  

3 hours ago, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

If I may be intrusive, and I will be, do you use a bright light (I use an OttLite) and a magnification glass (I use one) to grade? I have always used them to grade Golden Age to Modern Age comic books as well as magazines and find them indispensable to see everything on the comic book or magazine.

Good question. In the past I have used different light sources. I recently purchased a magnifying glass with LED lighting. Let's see how that works. It's odd that on some submissions every single borderline book gets the benefit of the doubt and receives the higher grade, while on other submissions, every single one gets downgraded. Sometimes I get caught up with the slight grading inconsistency and assume that if CGC let a very minor defect pass for a 9.8 book with my last submission, I'll get the benefit of the doubt this time around.