• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,858 posts in this topic

On 1/4/2021 at 11:02 AM, Shockmaster said:

6 book Modern submission 

Delivered 12/22/2020

Received 1/4/2021

25 book Modern prescreen 

Delivered 12/22/2020

6 book Modern submission 

Delivered 12/22/2020

Received 1/4/2021

SFG 2/22/2021

25 book Modern prescreen 

Delivered 12/22/2021

Received 1/4/2021

On 2/20/2021 at 12:38 PM, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.6cfa7c59e531cbcd2d2aa1c9285b55ba.png

Wow - more then 2 months even for Greggy.  I remember when we were complaining about 5 weeks and Greggy was getting stuff shipped back in a month.

1 hour ago, Willbert said:

10 Book - Fast Track Modern

Delivered: 02/19

Received:  02/22

SFG:       

G/Q:       

Shipped: 

Just to be clear, this was delivered by the mail/ picked up to/at CGC on the 19th?

I ask because I have an package with some express tier books & value/economy fast track books, "EX" on the outside of the box, that was delivered and signed for by CGC on the 19th. But as of today, the 22nd, it hasn't been Received yet. Since Walkthrough and Express tier packages marked "WK" and "EX" are suppose to be opened first, I imagine my package should be marked Received no later than today, right?

6 minutes ago, Phill the Governor said:

Just to be clear, this was delivered by the mail/ picked up to/at CGC on the 19th?

I ask because I have an package with some express tier books & value/economy fast track books, "EX" on the outside of the box, that was delivered and signed for by CGC on the 19th. But as of today, the 22nd, it hasn't been Received yet. Since Walkthrough and Express tier packages marked "WK" and "EX" are suppose to be opened first, I imagine my package should be marked Received no later than today, right?

All I can tell you is this...I ship UPS but yes, it was delivered Friday on 2/19 and very very surprisingly marked received this morning, Monday 02/22. It's an outlier for sure and as such, I wouldn't base any sort of expectation on it regarding your own submission.  Although I can't argue with your thinking, sometimes there's just no rhyme or reason to the inner workings of CGC.  For all you know, my package fell out of one bin and got misplaced in to another. I just chalk it up to plain dumb luck. I personally have 2 other submissions delivered over the last 2 weeks still waiting to be marked received. So, yeah.  (shrug)

1 hour ago, Willbert said:

All I can tell you is this...I ship UPS but yes, it was delivered Friday on 2/19 and very very surprisingly marked received this morning, Monday 02/22. It's an outlier for sure and as such, I wouldn't base any sort of expectation on it regarding your own submission.  Although I can't argue with your thinking, sometimes there's just no rhyme or reason to the inner workings of CGC.  For all you know, my package fell out of one bin and got misplaced in to another. I just chalk it up to plain dumb luck. I personally have 2 other submissions delivered over the last 2 weeks still waiting to be marked received. So, yeah.  (shrug)

I don't think it's necessarily luck. Just the difference between the apparent minority Express and Walkthrough packages that get opened first. My box was opened and marked as Received within the last hour, so I am happy! :)

Having sat through CCS wait times and grading backlogs amidst active Cons and their truckload of submissions bumping things at end of 2019, I thought I was pretty hardened to this glacial pace. But the current state is even more tedious.     

Delivered: 2/1
Received: 2/22

That's like fifteen business days just to start the current 43 day Modern turnaround wait. And still waiting for a 2/10 delivered Standard sub to be marked received. ::sigh:: 

I have a Standard Submission some with labels and some regular, The regular went to SFG as soon as received, labels did not. Now my regular is in Grading/QC since Friday and labels still at Rcvd at 10 Business Days. It is my 1st time(and probably last) doing labels. For the people doing labels is this normal?

4 minutes ago, workingdog said:

And this was the submission which you mentioned yesterday was delivered to CGC on 2/9?

This submission was delivered, via UPS 2/19 (https://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?loc=en_US&TypeOfInquiryNumber=T&InquiryNumber=1Z6559920348818871&Requester=WS/trackdetails).  This was marked received today.

I have another 5 modern, regular grading, that was delivered to CGC on 2/9 (https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action?tLabels=9405503699300258703462), via USPS and has yet to be received. 

UPS from here on out, no argument.