• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

Quick question for anyone who has used CCS before (this is my first time using the CCS side of things). I got charged by CCS on 2/3 and today my status was updated from "received 10/15" to "received 2/25". Is that real life that it took them 22 days to walk my books across the hall only for the 43 day modern clock to start again? I have another batch that was pressed with these at the same time that didn't update and are still marked as "received 10/15".

I think I already know the disappointing answer, but thought Id ask anyway.

3 hours ago, Jkelly said:

Quick question for anyone who has used CCS before (this is my first time using the CCS side of things). I got charged by CCS on 2/3 and today my status was updated from "received 10/15" to "received 2/25". Is that real life that it took them 22 days to walk my books across the hall only for the 43 day modern clock to start again? I have another batch that was pressed with these at the same time that didn't update and are still marked as "received 10/15".

I think I already know the disappointing answer, but thought Id ask anyway.

You understand the lay of the land. Once the books come back from CCS, the countdown for grading begins. The biggest problem is CGC is so backed up from InHouse signings, that it really is taking them 2-3 weeks to even check books in. 

Edited by Jaywalker0

49 minutes ago, Deuceboi said:

i hope we dont get another in house signing marketing email for a while....these TAT's are NUTS

Ryan Ottley of the Invincible series just announced :eek: eek!

But seemingly, CGC gets like this for about 2 months then knocks the TAT's back down, so here is hoping! :wishluck: 

39 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ryan Ottley of the Invincible series just announced :eek: eek!

But seemingly, CGC gets like this for about 2 months then knocks the TAT's back down, so here is hoping! :wishluck: 

yea that was my immediate reaction

2 minutes ago, Deuceboi said:

yea that was my immediate reaction

ya I'm hedging that be and sending in moderns in a week, although I just sent in a magazine sub (economy and modern) that I'm hoping moves a little faster that 66 days or at least certainly not longer :wishluck: 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

ya I'm hedging that be and sending in moderns in a week, although I just sent in a magazine sub (economy and modern) that I'm hoping moves a little faster that 66 days or at least certainly not longer :wishluck: 

few batches received 1/6...zero movement...

7 hours ago, DINGER033 said:

Finally after 125 days my 3 books have moved to SFG. 

What tier was this? I have a value tier sitting in received for 100 days, I may be drawing my pension before I get them back, heck! I might even forget what they are and what to do with them even. :preach:

1 hour ago, batmiesta said:

What tier was this? I have a value tier sitting in received for 100 days, I may be drawing my pension before I get them back, heck! I might even forget what they are and what to do with them even. :preach:

That's kind of the fun part about the long wait. When you're wondering what even was in that sub? Then it goes SFG and the sub# activates with your list of books you can review what you sent. 

58 minutes ago, Jaywalker0 said:

That's kind of the fun part about the long wait. When you're wondering what even was in that sub? Then it goes SFG and the sub# activates with your list of books you can review what you sent. 

I just hope they are worth the wait. :eek:

On 1/22/2021 at 3:58 AM, SeanYork said:

Modern Slow w/ Quick Press  - 18 books

Delivered 1/6/21    Received 1/21/21

Modern Fast Track  w/ Press  -  4 books

Delivered 1/6/21     Received 1/21/21

Modern Fast Track w/Press - 4 books

Received 2/26/21   moved from pressing to grading?

Right now they are running almost 20 business days from receiving the package to even having it logged into the system and losing ground.

1/25 - Package marked as delivered by UPS

2/1 - cgc response to timing - "2-15 business days from delivery depending on submission volume.  We are currently processing deliveries that arrived the week of 1-11-21."

2/18 - cgc response to timing - "Right now, we are working on mail from the week of 1-25."

2/27 - still not in system