• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

if I wanted to really be a nuisance  lol

I have a package waiting to be picked up today in sarasota, so I'm counting THAT as the clock is a tickin' :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

43 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

if I wanted to really be a nuisance  lol

I have a package waiting to be picked up today in sarasota, so I'm counting THAT as the clock is a tickin' :) 

well here we go, 

arrived sarasota 2/24

Modern magazine sub and Economy Magazine sub....

delivered and picked up by CGC on 2/24 as well :wishluck: 

:taptaptap::wishluck: that it's entered quickly and I'll update when it does :) 

22 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

REHOLDER (SA Book)
Estimate at submission:  "25 working days"
Delivered: 1/15/21
Received: 1/26/21 (Interval to = 6 business days)
Charged by CGC: 2/4/21 (Interval to = 7 business days)
Grading/Quality Control: 2/22/21 (interval to = 11 business days)

Finalized / Imaged / Shipped:  2/25/21 (Interval to = 3 business days)

PERFORMANCE REVIEW:  

Estimate was 25 working days.

Actual results were:

* 6 business days from delivery to being deemed "Received."

* 27 business days from "Received" to "Shipped."  

So CGC missed the estimate by either 2 days (from Received) or 8 days (from actual delivery).

My rating:  That's an A- (a mere 8% over estimate if use Received date) or a D+ (a whopping 32% over estimate if use Delivery date).

Observation:  Why is there a holdup  between "delivery" to CGC and its processing of a book as "Received"?  The books are in CGC's custody and control upon "delivery."  Shouldn't the count, and the estimated processing time, factor in the time books sit waiting to be processed by CGC?  I know when it was delivered.  They know when it was delivered.  If they want to strive for accuracy and set their clients expectations with realistic estimates that don't cause disappointment, they should tighten up their post-delivery processing or give us estimates which reflect their processing problems.

Edited by sfcityduck

6 minutes ago, Keep_It_Clunky said:

Should I be concerned that I have books sitting in the Sarasota post office for 4 days "available for pick up" sitting undelivered to CGC? 

Is it possible that CGC picked up the books but no one ever scanned them as "delivered?"

No worries, happened to me. CGC has own "post office" where they are sitting just not scanned in. I had it explained when I had same concern. All was fine and in fact it was scanned delivered exactly on day cgc told me it would be scanned delivered. 

9 hours ago, Keep_It_Clunky said:

Thanks, this has never happened before, so when did your actual tracking update in the usps system as "delivered?"  

Almost 10 days after it was "available for pickup" at post office. It had an exception saying "action required or it will be returned" which prompted me to contact CGC. That is how I got the information. They assured me they had it and it would not be returned by the post office. They were correct.  It has since been listed as received and in my account. 

Modern Slow Track (50 Books)
Delivered 12/20/20
Received 12/29/20
Scheduled for Grading 02/16/21
Grading/QC 02/24/21

Delivered 01/11/21
Received 01/23/21

Delivered 01/25/21
Received 02/08/21

Modern Slow Track (25 Books)