• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Based on my experience, there are no "normal TATs" as over the course of CGC's existence they have gone up, gone down, gone up, gone down, ... and while presently CGC is doing in-house signings before it was primarily comic-cons that lengthened TATs.

Thank you for your response, I'm hoping they go down at some point. I would like to submit more books.

3 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

Thank you for your response, I'm hoping they go down at some point. I would like to submit more books.

You are very welcome and TATs will always change. Granted, whether they will ever be as low as they have been depends on many variables. Perhaps primary among them is that CGC hires, trains, and deploys (I love the word "deploy") more graders. However, will more graders be deployed (yes!) to grade comic books from in-house signings and at conventions or "regular" submissions?

26 minutes ago, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

You are very welcome and TATs will always change. Granted, whether they will ever be as low as they have been depends on many variables. Perhaps primary among them is that CGC hires, trains, and deploys (I love the word "deploy") more graders. However, will more graders be deployed (yes!) to grade comic books from in-house signings and at conventions or "regular" submissions?

Fingers crossed for both!! either way they're making money off of us.xD

I really don't want to go to the graders across the street. :sick:

6 book Modern submission 

Delivered 12/22/2020

Received 1/4/2021

SFG 2/22/2021

Grading/Quality Control 2/27/2021

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 3/3/2021

25 book Modern prescreen 

Delivered 12/22/2021

Received 1/4/2021

Edited by Shockmaster

5 hours ago, Jaywalker0 said:

That's what I've been saying on last 5 or six subs from Dec on. With Claremont signing currently being graded, hoping they will catch up on backlog before the Miller signing. Then after that, reign in the InHouse signings a bit to allow a return to "normal" TATs.

Why does CGC have private signing boxes come to the same PO Box as their "regular" grading? I know its probably the same person taking the stuff from the PO, but if they added a second PO box the packages would already have gone through one filter before arriving at their office. I feel bad for CGC mail room staff. 

18 minutes ago, thesink said:

Why does CGC have private signing boxes come to the same PO Box as their "regular" grading? I know its probably the same person taking the stuff from the PO, but if they added a second PO box the packages would already have gone through one filter before arriving at their office. I feel bad for CGC mail room staff. 

This is why they require InHouse subs have artist's initials on outside of box (same for Express & Walkthru tiers) so they sort those first from the rest of the "scrubs."   

I would assume that and fact the InHouse are a temporary(?) reaction to closed cons doesnt justify any two way split in operations. 

Edited by Jaywalker0

Modern Slow Track (50 Books)
Delivered 12/20/20
Received 12/29/20
Scheduled for Grading 02/16/21
Grading/QC 02/24/21
Shipped 03/01/21

Delivered 01/11/21
Received 01/23/21

Delivered 01/25/21
Received 02/08/21

Modern Slow Track (25 Books)
Delivered 01/29/21
Received 02/15/21

Standard (1 Book) Marvel Previews 95
Delivered 01/29/21
Received 02/16/21
Scheduled for Grading 02/25/21
Grading/QC 03/01/21
Shipped 03/03/21
Graded a 9.4 :banana:

3 minutes ago, X_Phile said:

This is really a joke. So by the time CGC opens the mail, marks received, then grades, MFT is now about 2 months. 

At this rate, i should get my books back by august.:preach:  I just hope they come before my vacation ....:popcorn:

16 hours ago, lonetree said:

Delivered 12/20/20
Received 12/29/20
Scheduled for Grading 02/16/21
Grading/QC 02/24/21
Shipped 03/01/21

Delivered 01/11/21
Received 01/23/21

Delivered 01/25/21
Received 02/08/21

Modern Slow Track (25 Books)
Delivered 01/29/21
Received 02/15/21

Standard (1 Book) Marvel Previews 95
Delivered 01/29/21
Received 02/16/21
Scheduled for Grading 02/25/21
Grading/QC 03/01/21
Shipped 03/03/21
Graded a 9.4 :banana:

:applause: CONGRATS!

I saw CGC posted a big hiring ad/video on facebook. Here's a link to all the positions they are looking to fill:

https://recruitingbypaycor.com/career/CareerHome.action?clientId=8a7882525c3d7d8e015c6b03a47c11dc&fbclid=IwAR1k8QSbzpU-V8RgV88gbhyGyMtfuSFPxJ6qFRG6Oxj0NLJmRDbHi_N8CI8

32 positions in FL, 5 of them being specifically CGC and a bunch CCG. It seems like they just keep growing exponentially, and the pandemic has undoubtedly improved many aspects of their business. I'm sure they are making a TON on the in house signings too. It would make sense to hire when TATs get bogged down to the point they are now, as long as it seems like things are not slowing down at all. They probably don't want to temp hire graders - it's a long term position I would assume. 

2 minutes ago, Rhymenoceros said:

I saw CGC posted a big hiring ad/video on facebook. Here's a link to all the positions they are looking to fill:

https://recruitingbypaycor.com/career/CareerHome.action?clientId=8a7882525c3d7d8e015c6b03a47c11dc&fbclid=IwAR1k8QSbzpU-V8RgV88gbhyGyMtfuSFPxJ6qFRG6Oxj0NLJmRDbHi_N8CI8

32 positions in FL, 5 of them being specifically CGC and a bunch CCG. It seems like they just keep growing exponentially, and the pandemic has undoubtedly improved many aspects of their business. I'm sure they are making a TON on the in house signings too. It would make sense to hire when TATs get bogged down to the point they are now, as long as it seems like things are not slowing down at all. They probably don't want to temp hire graders - it's a long term position I would assume. 

I would 100% agree,. In case times such as this ever return , then they have long term people to keep up. I cant imagine the company would be a hire and fire type. hm

8 minutes ago, Willbert said:

21 Books - Modern

Delivered: 02/10

Received:  03/04

SFG:       

G/Q:       

Shipped:

08 Books - Modern + Custom Label

Delivered: 02/10

Received:  03/04

SFG:       

G/Q: