• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

And now this ! 

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/8919/ccg-new-building/

"...In addition to hiring, CCG is expanding its production through multi-million-dollar investments in cutting-edge technology, including AI, robotics, advanced software and more."

Will the encapsulation process be changed? Hmmm. Interesting things on the horizon for sure. 

1 minute ago, batmiesta said:

I find it hard to believe people are still sending books in at this rate.(shrug)

I keep going back and forth in my mind. If times stay like this is it better to send in and get them in the process or wait on the chance things get better soon. I am betting on the former. 

On 3/3/2021 at 4:40 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

This is why they require InHouse subs have artist's initials on outside of box (same for Express & Walkthru tiers) so they sort those first from the rest of the "scrubs."   

I would assume that and fact the InHouse are a temporary(?) reaction to closed cons doesnt justify any two way split in operations. 

Yes, are in-house signings temporary or will CGC continue them when comic-cons return? Since "money talks" I imagine in-house signings are here to stay although comic-cons may limit them, perhaps to the winter months, due to comic book creator's comic-cons, etc., schedules.

2 minutes ago, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Yes, are in-house signings temporary or will CGC continue them when comic-cons return? Since "money talks" I imagine in-house signings are here to stay although comic-cons may limit them, perhaps to the winter months, due to comic book creator's comic-cons, etc., schedules.

Convention schedules for creator appearances would most definitely put a stranglehold on in house signings. 

41 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

I find it hard to believe people are still sending books in at this rate.(shrug)

I keep sending books in, so when the few hundred books i have sent in will be coming back on a monthly basis into next year. I try to stagger all my submissions like that, this way i don't get overwhelmed all at once. The only time i will stop is, if i run out of space, or customers stop buying, fortunately customers are still buying!!

47 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

apparently a few people think this is a thriving business model...its a major turnoff for me.

5 minutes ago, Willbert said:

50 Books - Pre-Screen Modern

Delivered: 02/12

Received:  03/05

SFG:       

G/Q:       

Shipped:

@Yetti82 I don't know why the confusion emoji on the last comment I made but

@Willbert :( I'm sorry it is taking so long to be be marked "received" from when they're delivered, hence the comment "those received dates though :( " comment

But at least CGC is consistent from the last time you posted........ I have books delivered 2/24 still not marked received, looks as though it will still be a couple of weeks still

Remember when it took 2-3 days tops after delevery?

Its been 5 and a half months since my last shipment to CGC. Hoping to start sending 50 to 100 books a month for the next couple months. 

• Order of 75 books Normal track Modern, no press, Pre-screen
    • Shipped Feb 03, 2020
    • Signed for by CGC TBD
    • Received TBD
      • Sent for grading TBD
      • Quality Control TBD
      • Shipped TBD
  • Order of 6 books Normal track Modern, no press.
    • Shipped Feb 03, 2020
    • Signed for by CGC TBD
    • Received TBD
      • Sent for grading TBD
      • Quality Control TBD
      • Shipped TBD
Edited by Yetti82

6 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

i just got killed on a recent prescreen submission

3/23 9.8 on a set of books that I've been averaging 75% 9.8

I averaged around 70% last year on 500+ submitted prescreens. I think my worst batch was around 50% rejected. I definitely screen my books a LOT harder now.  

2 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

@ADAMANTIUM Pepperidge farm remembers....

ya lol 

and it's hard to get excited about them actually being marked received, when mine are mag submissions, once received it will start the 66 bus day TAT :tonofbricks:

so I doubled down and sent a 10 book Modern that should be delivered today......

the real rub is day before yesterday I panicked, because I didn't leave enough for CGC to charge my cc. I didn't over spend by much but over is over.....

so now I have to budget for Imaginary money that will realize when CGC gets around to it :ohnoez:  I fell like I should tag an administrator in my post bus c'est la vie

2 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

Speaking of which, how does pre-screen wotk???  I am unfamiliar with it. 

you have to have a minimum of 25 books.

set your goal grade, everything that grade and above gets slabbed, and you're charged $5 per reject book @Ninja0215

Edited by ADAMANTIUM