• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,945 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Yetti82 I don't know why the confusion emoji on the last comment I made but

@Willbert :( I'm sorry it is taking so long to be be marked "received" from when they're delivered, hence the comment "those received dates though :( " comment

But at least CGC is consistent from the last time you posted........ I have books delivered 2/24 still not marked received, looks as though it will still be a couple of weeks still

Remember when it took 2-3 days tops after delevery?

I was picking up what you were laying down. Yeah, before long it'll take a month to get marked received and almost 3 to get graded at the modern tier.  I don't see submissions dropping off, so until they expand we are all stuck on that slow boat to nowhere.

Edited by Willbert

FAST TRACK ECONOMY (+CCS)
Estimate at submission:  "16 working days"
Delivered:  1/15/21
Received: 1/26/21 (Interval to = 6 business days)
Charged by CCS:  2/15/21 (Interval to = 14 business days)
Received (again) Book 1 of 2: 3/4/21 (Interval to = 13 business days)

MAGAZINE MODERN (+CCS)
Estimate at submission:  "74 working days"

VALUE (+CCS)
Estimate at submission:  "89 working days"

2 hours ago, Dmac538 said:

I keep sending books in, so when the few hundred books i have sent in will be coming back on a monthly basis into next year. I try to stagger all my submissions like that, this way i don't get overwhelmed all at once. The only time i will stop is, if i run out of space, or customers stop buying, fortunately customers are still buying!!

This I understand. (thumbsu

I have some books in for the Eastman signing (which has been happening the last few days) that are still marked as Received. I'm a little nervous they forgot my books somewhere, but I'm sure I'm just being paranoid. Is this normal and books don't move to Scheduled for grading until after they are signed? Or is there another stop along the way during the signing phase?  It's my 1st in-house signing, so I'm a noob at this part and again - probably just being paranoid. 

31 minutes ago, Rhymenoceros said:

I have some books in for the Eastman signing (which has been happening the last few days) that are still marked as Received. I'm a little nervous they forgot my books somewhere, but I'm sure I'm just being paranoid. Is this normal and books don't move to Scheduled for grading until after they are signed? Or is there another stop along the way during the signing phase?  It's my 1st in-house signing, so I'm a noob at this part and again - probably just being paranoid. 

The next step will be scheduled for grading, which won't be for another few weeks. 

22 hours ago, Yetti82 said:

I averaged around 70% last year on 500+ submitted prescreens. I think my worst batch was around 50% rejected. I definitely screen my books a LOT harder now.  

I submit straight, if you will, (no prescreen) to CGC and examine every comic book, Golden Age or otherwise, outside, inside, up, down, sideways, at every angle, and blindfolded ... no, not blindfolded (sorry, it is Saturday), for every submission.

4 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Damn, I forgot to write the submission tier on the box I sent in. Are you supposed to do that with all submissions or just the express and walkthrough tiers? 

Just express, walkthrough and @greggy tiers

Edited by jsilverjanet