• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

On 3/6/2021 at 9:06 PM, rdp collectibles said:

25 book--slow value tier....delivered 12-4-20, marked rec'd at cgc 12-12-20, scheduled for grading on 3-6-21...may get them back by 4-15.. ??

I hope so since I also have 25 books slow value tier marked rec'd at cgc 12-10-20;  went to scheduled for grading on 3-4-21. went to Grading / Quality Control on 3-12-21.  I expected by end of April but who knows since the TAT went up again.

Edited by buddy2

13 hours ago, buddy2 said:

I hope so since I also have 25 books slow value tier marked rec'd at cgc 12-10-20;  went to scheduled for grading on 3-4-21.  I expected by end of April but who knows since the TAT went up again.

End of April would be best case scenario

I knowbtimes are insane right now but I'm happy I chose cgc. This is my first time doing a regular submission ( I sent in for an in house signing last year) . I was so impressed,  that I said I'm sending cgc all of my books; no question. Times will eventually change.  

On 3/6/2021 at 8:57 AM, Rhymenoceros said:

I have some books in for the Eastman signing (which has been happening the last few days) that are still marked as Received. I'm a little nervous they forgot my books somewhere, but I'm sure I'm just being paranoid. Is this normal and books don't move to Scheduled for grading until after they are signed? Or is there another stop along the way during the signing phase?  It's my 1st in-house signing, so I'm a noob at this part and again - probably just being paranoid. 

Don't worry, it's stored somewhere. I've made use of about 4 or 5 of these signings and it's always gone like (slow) clockwork. 

Your books will stay RCVD until the signing. Within about 2-3 days after the signing event, your books will be marked Sched for Grading. Then you're queued up on the 3 week turnaround. Unless you opted for press too. In which case your books stay RCVD for 3 weeks after signing then updated to a new RCVD date once back from CCS. 

18 hours ago, buddy2 said:

I hope so since I also have 25 books slow value tier marked rec'd at cgc 12-10-20;  went to scheduled for grading on 3-4-21.  I expected by end of April but who knows since the TAT went up again.

Whats the crack here? My books have been received since 18 November (value) and still not SFG.:mad:

16 minutes ago, kimik said:

I guess the upside from the longer turnaround times is that it prevented us from selling the books that are in for grading before the run up of the past couple of weeks........

I just tried to do the "laughing" face emoji to your comment (which there's actual truth to btw), and it's gone. Only like, thanks, and cry face... Did I not get the memo?

3 minutes ago, Willbert said:

10 Book - Fast Track Modern

Delivered: 02/19

Received:  02/22

SFG:       03/08

G/Q:       

Shipped:

That's more like it! I have a delivered 2/24 that I hope is soon due to tat and registry awards....

I am not doing labels anymore....I submitted a Standard Tier received in system 8 Feb. some with labels and some not. The regular books shipped back on 23Feb. The labels didn't go to SFG until 1 Mar and are at Grading/quality control right now.

Edited by gregwynn

On 2/27/2021 at 7:44 AM, SeanYork said:
On 1/22/2021 at 3:58 AM, SeanYork said:

Modern Slow w/ Quick Press  - 18 books

Delivered 1/6/21    Received 1/21/21

Modern Fast Track  w/ Press  -  4 books

Delivered 1/6/21     Received 1/21/21

Modern Fast Track w/Press - 4 books

Received 2/26/21   moved from pressing to grading?

4 books Modern Fast Track w/Press

SFG  3/5/21

Shipped 3/8/21

All together 2 months from delivery to shipping

Edited by SeanYork
info