• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,953 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, X_Phile said:
1 hour ago, StarV100 said:

Modern with quick press, delivered Feb 22 STILL not received March 11.

My longest that has not been received is also from the 22nd. 

lol I have mags delivered 2/24, still not received as well :( 

4 minutes ago, catch21 said:
On 3/8/2021 at 10:32 PM, catch21 said:

Received:1/15/21
items:18
Service: Modern slow

03/11/21: Grading/Quality Control

looks better, or looks like they're keeping to about 2 months TAT............ once received :pullhair: 

Incredible. My Claremont signing submission went SFG on 2/26 and is still at that status. But a slow boat modern submission that went SFG on 3/9 has already rolled over to Grading/QC. It's so haphazardly unpredictable that it really is up to the gods of the Grader Queues as to how quickly your subs will move on. 

CGC Turnaround Times Update

Posted on 3/12/2021

We are taking a number of steps to increase our capacity while maintaining our high quality.

Dear Valued Customers,

We have experienced extraordinary growth in demand for our expert and impartial certification services. Unfortunately, this has resulted in significantly longer turnaround times for our Trading Cards Bulk and Trading Cards Economy grading tiers as well as select comics grading tiers. We sincerely apologize for the delays and we are working as hard as we can to get our turnaround times under control and eventually back to our target levels.

Expert grading should not be rushed, and we will never compromise on the quality and integrity of our services. We are taking a number of steps to increase our capacity while maintaining our high quality, but all of this takes time. We have hired more than 70 new employees in the last three months, purchased an additional 21,000 square feet of space, implemented comprehensive training programs, brought in efficiency consultants and worked thousands of hours of overtime. We have increased incentives to motivate and reward our employees as well as attract new talent. We will not rest until this situation has been resolved.

We understand that some of you are disappointed that your turnaround time is longer than expected. Our posted turnaround times are our best estimates, but a variety of factors — including many outside of our control — can impact the actual turnaround time. We are working on a first-in, first-out basis with higher grading tiers prioritized.

Significant work is performed to a submission from the moment it is received in order to prepare it for grading. Our highly trained employees receive each package, unpack it, check its contents, verify each collectible in our proprietary tracking system, individually label each collectible and carefully place them in boxes before grading. While awaiting grading, submissions are kept in our climate-controlled secure storage with full insurance coverage based on the submitter’s declared value.

CGC is not able to accommodate requests to pull and return unfinished submissions because this would divert critical resources from completing submissions as quickly as possible. In addition, since turnaround times are explicitly not guaranteed and significant work is performed prior to grading, CGC is not able to give refunds due to any delays. Rest assured that your submission is in the queue for the graders and will be completed in the order in which it is received within its grading tier.

These are exciting times for the hobby. The growth in collecting is unprecedented and CGC is honored to be the certification service of choice for so many collectors. We appreciate your patience. If you or someone you know is interested in a career in this fast-growing market, please consider applying for a position with CGC at collectiblesgroup.com/careers. If you are hired and start by June 30, 2021 you may be eligible for a $1,000 bonus (ask for details).

For current turnaround times, click here.

Sincerely,
CGC

Modern Slow:

Received 1/20

SFG 03/12

So it looks like 51 days including weekends. Also it looks like they screwed up with one of my comics saying I have 3 of one copy and 4 of another. It should be 2 and 5 though. Anyone know if this is an issue?

Edited by Tnexus

On 3/4/2021 at 4:09 PM, DINGER033 said:

Received - 10/23/20

Pressed - and back to CGC 2/23/21

Shipped - 3/4/21

132 day for 3 books, the only thing that makes it bearable is the grades.

Secret Wars #8 9.8 and 9.4

X-Men #266 9.8

Correction, I was looking at the wrong grade the X-Men 266 is 9.0 not 9.8, I want to be honest about my books I am not trying to post false info my bad

Modern Slow Track (50 Books)
Delivered 01/11/21
Received 01/23/21
Scheduled for Grading 03/12/21

Delivered 01/25/21
Received 02/08/21

Modern Slow Track (25 Books)
Delivered 01/29/21
Received 02/15/21

Delivered 03/05/21

FAST TRACK ECONOMY (+CCS)
Estimate at submission:  "16 working days"
Delivered:  1/15/21
Received: 1/26/21 (Interval to = 6 business days)
Charged by CCS:  2/15/21 (Interval to = 14 business days)
Received (again) Book 1 of 2: 3/4/21 (Interval to = 13 business days)
Scheduled for Grading: 3/11/21 (Interval to = 5 business days)
Grading/Quality Control: 3/13/21 (Interval to = 2 business days)

FAST TRACK ECONOMY (+CCS)
Estimate at submission:  "16 working days"
Charged by CCS:  2/15/21 (Interval to = 18 business days)
Received (again) Book 2 of 2: 3/10/21 (Interval to = 17 business days)

MAGAZINE MODERN (+CCS)
Estimate at submission:  "74 working days"

VALUE (+CCS)
Estimate at submission:  "89 working days"
Received: 1/26/21 (Interval to = 6 business days

Spoke with a very helpful person at CGC yesterday. I sent in over 180 comics that were delivered on 2/23/21. She advised me that the books currently being received were from the week of 2/15/21. She said my books should be marked received sometime next week. Comforting to have some idea even if it’s not a specific time.