• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

The drip continues...5x Modern, no addl services. 

Delivered: 1/8
Received: 1/15
Charged: 1/29
SFG: 3/9
Grading/QC: 3/12
F/I/S: 3/17

Crazy that slipped thru in timely manner when I have a handful from Claremont signing in SFG status since 2/26! Does anyone know, is the CGC-SS 3 week turnaround guarantee 3 calendar weeks or 21 business days

40 minutes ago, Jaywalker0 said:

The drip continues...5x Modern, no addl services. 

Delivered: 1/8
Received: 1/15
Charged: 1/29
SFG: 3/9
Grading/QC: 3/12
F/I/S: 3/17

Crazy that slipped thru in timely manner when I have a handful from Claremont signing in SFG status since 2/26! Does anyone know, is the CGC-SS 3 week turnaround guarantee 3 calendar weeks or 21 business days

And the there is also this

CGC Turnaround Times Update

Posted on 3/12/2021

Spoiler

We are taking a number of steps to increase our capacity while maintaining our high quality.

Dear Valued Customers,

We have experienced extraordinary growth in demand for our expert and impartial certification services. Unfortunately, this has resulted in significantly longer turnaround times for our Trading Cards Bulk and Trading Cards Economy grading tiers as well as select comics grading tiers. We sincerely apologize for the delays and we are working as hard as we can to get our turnaround times under control and eventually back to our target levels.

Expert grading should not be rushed, and we will never compromise on the quality and integrity of our services. We are taking a number of steps to increase our capacity while maintaining our high quality, but all of this takes time. We have hired more than 70 new employees in the last three months, purchased an additional 21,000 square feet of space, implemented comprehensive training programs, brought in efficiency consultants and worked thousands of hours of overtime. We have increased incentives to motivate and reward our employees as well as attract new talent. We will not rest until this situation has been resolved.

We understand that some of you are disappointed that your turnaround time is longer than expected. Our posted turnaround times are our best estimates, but a variety of factors — including many outside of our control — can impact the actual turnaround time. We are working on a first-in, first-out basis with higher grading tiers prioritized.

Significant work is performed to a submission from the moment it is received in order to prepare it for grading. Our highly trained employees receive each package, unpack it, check its contents, verify each collectible in our proprietary tracking system, individually label each collectible and carefully place them in boxes before grading. While awaiting grading, submissions are kept in our climate-controlled secure storage with full insurance coverage based on the submitter’s declared value.

CGC is not able to accommodate requests to pull and return unfinished submissions because this would divert critical resources from completing submissions as quickly as possible. In addition, since turnaround times are explicitly not guaranteed and significant work is performed prior to grading, CGC is not able to give refunds due to any delays. Rest assured that your submission is in the queue for the graders and will be completed in the order in which it is received within its grading tier.

These are exciting times for the hobby. The growth in collecting is unprecedented and CGC is honored to be the certification service of choice for so many collectors. We appreciate your patience. If you or someone you know is interested in a career in this fast-growing market, please consider applying for a position with CGC at collectiblesgroup.com/careers. If you are hired and start by June 30, 2021 you may be eligible for a $1,000 bonus (ask for details).

For current turnaround times, click here.

Sincerely,

CGC

Articles List

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

@Jaywalker0

I meant then there is this as far as claremont

Hey there, comic fans! We know many of you have been requesting more information on a number of private signings, so we thought it was a good idea to get some more detailed information out to you. We are working on getting the following signings completed ASAP!

Joe Rubinstein Signing - There were a few books that did not get received in time for Joe's initial signing, but we were able to get them signed this past weekend, March 13-14.

Chris Claremont Signing - The majority of these submissions have been signed, but there were a few that did not get received in time and those will be signed within the next 2-3 weeks. 

Kevin Eastman Signing - There was an INCREDIBLE number of books submitted for Mr. Eastman -- so many so, he did not have enough time to sign them all, so we are bringing the books to him so they can be completed in roughly 3-4 weeks.  

Geoff Johns, David Finch, Brad Anderson, Peter Tomasi, Doug Mahnke, and Jason Fabok Signing - Due to international travel setbacks this signing was pushed out later than expected. However, we are happy to report that we have received all of Jason Fabok's signed books back from Canada and we will be getting the rest of the signers in at the end of April. If you selected a Fabok ONLY signature, those books have been sent through for grading.

We apologize for the delays, but please know we are working around the clock to make sure every customer gets what they have requested. Lastly, we are so grateful for your continued support and appreciate your patience as we navigate through the tremendous growth we have seen in the comic collecting community. Even without Comic Cons (which we dearly miss!), you have all made this an exciting time for all of us at CGC Comics! Comic on!

#cgccomics #cgc #comiconfriends #privatesignings #recap #signatureseries #comicbooks #igcomicfamily #igcomicbookfamily #comics #artists #writers #comicsrock #welovecomics #gradedcomics #slabbedcomics #igcomics

I'm not sure why they're separated the way the are by CGC. It is the same number of comics I sent but the invoice looks slightly different. Ahh, who cares. lol

These were delivered and signed for on 2/23/21

3/15/21
3 COMICS
FAST TRACK VALUE
Scheduled for Grading

3/15/21
25 COMICS
MODERN
Received

3/15/21
25 COMICS
MODERN
Received

3/15/21
25 COMICS
MODERN
Received

3/15/21
25 COMICS
MODERN
Received

3/15/21
19 COMICS
MODERN
Received

3/15/21
25 COMICS
VALUE
Received

3/15/21
15 COMICS
VALUE
Received

3/15/21
1 COMIC
VALUE
Received

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Posted on 3/12/2021

Reveal hidden contents

We are taking a number of steps to increase our capacity while maintaining our high quality.

Dear Valued Customers,

We have experienced extraordinary growth in demand for our expert and impartial certification services. Unfortunately, this has resulted in significantly longer turnaround times for our Trading Cards Bulk and Trading Cards Economy grading tiers as well as select comics grading tiers. We sincerely apologize for the delays and we are working as hard as we can to get our turnaround times under control and eventually back to our target levels.

Expert grading should not be rushed, and we will never compromise on the quality and integrity of our services. We are taking a number of steps to increase our capacity while maintaining our high quality, but all of this takes time. We have hired more than 70 new employees in the last three months, purchased an additional 21,000 square feet of space, implemented comprehensive training programs, brought in efficiency consultants and worked thousands of hours of overtime. We have increased incentives to motivate and reward our employees as well as attract new talent. We will not rest until this situation has been resolved.

We understand that some of you are disappointed that your turnaround time is longer than expected. Our posted turnaround times are our best estimates, but a variety of factors — including many outside of our control — can impact the actual turnaround time. We are working on a first-in, first-out basis with higher grading tiers prioritized.

Significant work is performed to a submission from the moment it is received in order to prepare it for grading. Our highly trained employees receive each package, unpack it, check its contents, verify each collectible in our proprietary tracking system, individually label each collectible and carefully place them in boxes before grading. While awaiting grading, submissions are kept in our climate-controlled secure storage with full insurance coverage based on the submitter’s declared value.

CGC is not able to accommodate requests to pull and return unfinished submissions because this would divert critical resources from completing submissions as quickly as possible. In addition, since turnaround times are explicitly not guaranteed and significant work is performed prior to grading, CGC is not able to give refunds due to any delays. Rest assured that your submission is in the queue for the graders and will be completed in the order in which it is received within its grading tier.

These are exciting times for the hobby. The growth in collecting is unprecedented and CGC is honored to be the certification service of choice for so many collectors. We appreciate your patience. If you or someone you know is interested in a career in this fast-growing market, please consider applying for a position with CGC at collectiblesgroup.com/careers. If you are hired and start by June 30, 2021 you may be eligible for a $1,000 bonus (ask for details).

Sincerely,

CGC

Articles List

Oh I saw that...spend quite some time on CGC's twitter & FB page and other comic forums so that I may divine through hearsay just what's happening in their dungeons. 
See the funny thing about my Claremont's is they were marked received on 1/12, cutoff for submission was 2/8. So I'm WELL inside the assigned window and in fact, I thought I might be more towards the front of the line. The other signings I've done were TATed <= 10 biz days of the signing event which is why this delay is weird to me.
Oh well, CGC gets to it when they get to it. 

FAST TRACK ECONOMY (+CCS)
Estimate at submission:  "16 working days"
Delivered:  1/15/21
Received: 1/26/21 (Interval to = 6 business days)
Charged by CCS:  2/15/21 (Interval to = 14 business days)
Received (again) Book 1 of 2: 3/4/21 (Interval to = 13 business days)
Scheduled for Grading: 3/11/21 (Interval to = 5 business days)
Grading/Quality Control: 3/13/21 (Interval to = 1 business days)
Charged by CGC: 3/16/21 (Interval to = 2 business days)
Finalized/Imaged/Shipped: 3/17/21 (Interval to = 1 business day)

FAST TRACK ECONOMY (+CCS)
Estimate at submission:  "16 working days"
Charged by CCS:  2/15/21 (Interval to = 18 business days)
Received (again) Book 2 of 2: 3/10/21 (Interval to = 17 business days)
Charged by CGC: 3/16/21 (Interval to = 4 business days)
Scheduled for Grading: 3/17/21 (Interval to = 1 business day)

MAGAZINE MODERN (+CCS)
Estimate at submission:  "74 working days"

VALUE (+CCS)
Estimate at submission:  "89 working days"
Received: 1/26/21 (Interval to = 6 business days

Glad to see from the charging that the two Fast Track Economy books are probably still on the same track.  For a while there they stopped updating one of those two books, making it appear they were proceeding through at different rates.

Based on the above, it appears that my two Fast Track Economy books are on slightly different tracks.  The GA book got done first.  The Copper book is a little behind.

Finally, after 2.5 weeks, movement!  :ohnoez:

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Modern S/S FastTrack
TAT as of Receipt Date: 3 - 6 weeks per CGC/SWAU marketing email
Number of books: 1
Received CGC: 12/5
Verified: TBD
Signing Date: 2/20
Scheduled for Grading: 2/27
Grading/Quality Control: 3/17

Graded: TBD
Shipped/Safe: TBD
Received (by owner): TBD

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Posted on 3/12/2021

Reveal hidden contents

Dear Valued Customers,

Sincerely,

CGC

Articles List

Thanks @ADAMANTIUMI missed this update.

06 Book - Fast Track Modern

Delivered: 02/26

Received:  03/17

SFG:       

G/Q:       

Shipped:   

15 Book - Modern

SFG:       

G/Q:       

Shipped: 

4 Book - Modern + Custom Labels

SFG:       

G/Q:       

Shipped: 

On 3/13/2021 at 7:23 PM, the authority said:

Spoke with a very helpful person at CGC yesterday. I sent in over 180 comics that were delivered on 2/23/21. She advised me that the books currently being received were from the week of 2/15/21. She said my books should be marked received sometime next week. Comforting to have some idea even if it’s not a specific time.

I am in the same boat as you with same received date of 2/23/21 for my 100 books.  More likely its going to be a full month from the time PO received it from being uploaded to your account.  I am assuming some where around 3/23/21, so the real CGC TaT for modern slow-track is over 3 months (67 business days) not 47 business days when you factor in waiting for the books to upload to their network system.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

18 minutes ago, rdp collectibles said:

--25 book--slow value tier....delivered 12-4-20, marked rec'd at cgc 12-12-20, scheduled for grading on 3-6-21..graded/QC on 3-17-21....another 7-10 days for shipping, I.should get them back by 4-15.. ??

Eh! I am beginning to think my books are lost.meh

4 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:

I am in the same boat as you with same received date of 2/23/21 for my 100 books.  More likely its going to be a full month from the time PO received it from being uploaded to your account.  I am assuming some where around 3/23/21, so the real CGC TaT for modern slow-track is over 3 months (67 business days) not 47 business days when you factor in waiting for the books to upload to their network system.

Mine were marked received a couple of days ago and my fast track value books are scheduled for grading. Three months sounds more accurate than 47 business days because of when the clock starts but it’s all good. Still rather use CGC than any other company. Luckily, mosT books are on the way up and not the down. Good luck with your books 👍🏻