• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,858 posts in this topic

On 3/20/2021 at 11:12 AM, ChrispyC66 said:

Did you mark EX all over the box? What method did you ship them?

I did not think to write EX  or WT etc on the box (sent USPS Registered).  Delivered (per USPS tracking) to CGC on Tuesday 3/2....just showed up in my submissions, marked Received 3/23.

So, save yourself 3 weeks time, by writing EX or WT on the box.  Lesson learned....

14 minutes ago, Sackolantern said:

I did not think to write EX  or WT etc on the box (sent USPS Registered).  Delivered (per USPS tracking) to CGC on Tuesday 3/2....just showed up in my submissions, marked Received 3/23.

So, save yourself 3 weeks time, by writing EX or WT on the box.  Lesson learned....

I have 2 delivered on 3/2 that also showed up today. 

1 minute ago, X_Phile said:
16 minutes ago, Sackolantern said:

I have 2 delivered on 3/2 that also showed up today. 

I have a slow track modern delivered 3/4 not shown up yet, so I'll be lookin' :) 

Submission #    Received    Items    Service         Status                                         Shipped    
3797097           3/2/2021       5          MODERN    Received        
3793951           2/23/2021     5          MODERN    Received        
3770204           1/11/2021     4          MODERN    Finalized / Imaged / Shipped      3/9/2021    

Modern Slow Track (50 Books)
Delivered 01/11/21
Received 01/23/21
Scheduled for Grading 03/12/21

Delivered 01/25/21
Received 02/08/21

Modern Slow Track (25 Books)
Delivered 01/29/21
Received 02/15/21

Delivered 03/09/21

Delivered 03/23/21

Modern Slow Boat...
Shipped to CGC                 1/4
Delivered to CGC               1/7
‘Received’ by CGC              1/19     (8 business days later)
Scheduled for Grading        3/10     (36 business days later / 44 business days later)
Grading / Quality Control   3/18     (6 business days later / 50 business days later)
Shipped                             3/23     (3 business days later / 53 business days total)

Edited by umyeahwhatevers
formatting

Got back my 2/6 FT Pre-Screen Modern submission this week. Lowest 9.8 rate I ever had on a modern submission since I started submitting in 2004. Including one 9.8 that was damaged and an 8.5 range book that received a 9.6. Quite a few that were head scratchers. I'll be calling tomorrow to see what can be done with the damaged 9.8 copy. 

I have three groups of books in for grading right now:

Received    Items    Service    Status
2/23/2021    25    FAST TRACK VALUE    Scheduled for Grading
1/22/2021    24    MODERN    Grading / Quality Control
1/20/2021    25    VALUE    Received

So far it looks like they are on schedule with the stated TATs when they were received. 

Just now, Hibou said:

Is there an estimate of how long it takes from the time books are delivered (via USPS Priority Mail) to the time they are marked Received?

about 3 weeks unless you have fast track, walk through, express, or a in-house-signing written on the outer of the package....

I feel like I cheated the system. I had a mechanical error, reholder, and 2 fast track moderns delivered on 3/22. The ME was received on 3/23 and the reholder and 2 fast tracks were received today. I did write ME all over the box with a sharpie. 

Hopefully Carma won't bite and give me less than 9.8s 

:whee:

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Modern S/S FastTrack
TAT as of Receipt Date: 3 - 6 weeks per CGC/SWAU marketing email
Number of books: 1
Received CGC: 12/5
Signing Date: 2/20
Scheduled for Grading: 2/27
Grading/Quality Control: 3/17

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped: 3/24
Received (by owner): TBD