• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

On 3/23/2021 at 11:28 PM, kimik said:
I have three groups of books in for grading right now:

Received    Items    Service    Status
2/23/2021    25    FAST TRACK VALUE    Grading / Quality Control as of 3/26/21 (and :wishluck: they ship today as well)
1/22/2021    24    MODERN    Finalized / Imaged / Shipped as of 3/25/21 = 43 working days so on time for when they went in
1/20/2021    25    VALUE    Received (I should have done Fast Track doh!)
So far it looks like they are on schedule with the stated TATs when they were received. 

Here is a status update

Modern Slow Track (50 Books)
Delivered 01/11/21
Received 01/23/21
Scheduled for Grading 03/12/21
Grading / Quality Control 03/24/21
Shipped 03/26/21

Delivered 01/25/21
Received 02/08/21

Modern Slow Track (25 Books)
Delivered 01/29/21
Received 02/15/21

Delivered 03/09/21

Delivered 03/23/21

21 hours ago, lotofsilver said:

Anyone have any prescreens finish up recently? I had one received 1/19 that's been SFG for quite a bit now, curious where they are with those. 

What tier? I have regular moderns from 1/19 graded but my modern pre-screens from that date are still received. 

15 minutes ago, joeypost said:

What tier? I have regular moderns from 1/19 graded but my modern pre-screens from that date are still received. 

Guess I fat fingered the date, should be Modern prescreen received 1/12. Went to SFG about two weeks ago now. 

Screenshot_20210326-140215_Chrome.jpg

12 minutes ago, lotofsilver said:

Guess I fat fingered the date, should be Modern prescreen received 1/12. Went to SFG about two weeks ago now. 

Screenshot_20210326-140215_Chrome.jpg

Interesting. Mine have not moved and were submitted a week later. 

On 3/25/2021 at 3:54 PM, HotKey said:

1 Express Received, box marked EX: 3/16

Express Pressing added and confirmed: 3/17

Received again from pressing: 3/25 (7 business days)

------

13 Modern Fast Track Delivered, box marked FT: 3/20

Received: 3/25 (4 business days)

1 Express, Scheduled for Grading 3/26/21

Modern Slow Track

2 Books (and my first experience with CGC)

Delivered 2/4
"Received" 2/25
Status has not changed as of 3/26

If I ever submit comics to CGC again, it'll be after they've resolved their bottleneck issues. When I submitted my comics, the TAT was 3 weeks. There was no mention of that TAT beginning whenever they got around to it. 

Edited by kprime

4x Standard tier (no addl services)    

Delivered: 2/10
Received: 3/5
Charged: 3/23
SFG: 3/8
Grading/QC: 3/17
F/I/S: 3/26

Really excited to get any of my current, pending submissions back since my Claremont signing books that were SFG on 2/26 are still SFG. Guess that "expedited" three week turnaround became a pipe dream too, LOL. 

Did not want to start a new thread for this question so I figured I would ask it here.

Can I put a return address on my submissions that is different than the billing address?  I am getting ready to move.  I am assuming it's not a problem but want to make sure before I sign up.  Thanks

6 minutes ago, BrntWS6 said:

Did not want to start a new thread for this question so I figured I would ask it here.

Can I put a return address on my submissions that is different than the billing address?  I am getting ready to move.  I am assuming it's not a problem but want to make sure before I sign up.  Thanks

Yes

On 3/26/2021 at 4:23 PM, Chazgee said:

2 MODERN Fast Track
Delivered: 3/8/21
CGC Received: ?!?

15 business days and still not logged in. This is fing ridiculous.

Yeah, I had a box delivered for Modern FT on 3/12 and still doesn't show received. Got worried until I saw your post. Im sure they are behind. Hopefully we will see them show up soon as received.

1 hour ago, kevhtx said:

Yeah, I had a box delivered for Modern FT on 3/12 and still doesn't show received. Got worried until I saw your post. Im sure they are behind. Hopefully we will see them show up soon as received.

It looks like they're about 4 weeks behind on logging.

Edited by Chazgee

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to convince me that CGC is doing all this 'delivered/received' bs on purpose in order to not raise the TATs too much, but the TATs are already pretty high, so I'm sticking with 'incompetence'.

22 hours ago, BrntWS6 said:

Absolutely. My billing is home, but have delivered to my work since it's sig required and I'd miss dropoff otherwise.

1 hour ago, Gaard said:

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to convince me that CGC is doing all this 'delivered/received' bs on purpose in order to not raise the TATs too much, but the TATs are already pretty high, so I'm sticking with 'incompetence'.

I'm of two minds. On the one hand, imagine any book you've had delivered online. Especially ebay purchase. How many different packaging techniques have you seen, w/oodles of tape, bubble wrap, and cardboard spacers? I've rcvd some purchases that took me 5 minutes to delicately cut through it. And I just want my purchase, dont have to catalog it, sort it, group it, and put it into a multi-step workflow. So that's a time intensive step for CGC.

That said, I'm firmly with the conspiracy theory mindset. I'm sure that, like a restaurant on a busy night that needs to give kitchen chance to catchup, CGC has instituted some of a "false wait." This allows measured processing of inbound books with minimal error AND not impacting advertised TAT. Unfortunatelt, that means real TAT has 30+ days on it :/